BEAMSHOT - Xenon Star 7-cell bulb

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a 2D maglite with 8AA to 2D holder (alkalines for 12V total). I also tried it in my 3x123 2C maglite. This is the CRAP it produced (it was still a TINY bit brighter than the 5-cell bulb and the KPR112)

xpitx-7cell.jpg

What the hell! You can see the filament glow on the wall. The KPR112 and 5-cell xenon didn't produce that effect.

THIS BULB SUCKS! Is there something reflective I can paint on the top of the bulb to redirect that junk back toward the reflector?

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 5 cell mag xenon, looks exactly like what you picture. I haven't been able to come up with anything to help it. As far as I'm concerned, I'll stick with the generic KPR112, KPR118 and PR20 bulbs which can be ran with 6,7 and 8 cells respectively. They are cheaper, put out decent enough light and don't have the funky filament thing going on, they aren't xenon but that's ok too.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that somebody posted a thread a while back about using a glass etching compound from a crafts store to frost the tip of the bulb to difuss the filliment 'worm'. You might try a search around a bit for that thread.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
PJS,

Mag used to make 7 cell lights, not anymore ...... now they only go up to 6. But you can still find the 7 cell Xenon bulbs.

If you ever run across a 7 cell Mag at a garage sale or something, pick it up, it's kind of a collectible now. Man, it's gotta be a real beast though.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I have some Reflectalite GH24 bulbs on the way (I hope) and we'll see how they perform overdriven. These were just supposed to be temporary setups til I could get into a group buy on some 1185's. Litho123 has a GB but it's on hold for now.