What do do with my Dorcy 8 Led?

Freedom1955

Enlightened
The Dorcy 8 Led was my first LED flashlight I ever bought a few months ago. After I bought it I thought HMM it's not very bright but it's got a fairly long run time and the leds are pretty reliable. Well in the mean time I have purchased other flashlights that have pretty much put the Dorcy on my "what to do with list".

Any ideas what to do with it?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
mod it with a luxeon, sell it or trade it, put it in the kitchen drawer for a power outage, change the leds for other colors and use it to light up a christmas decoration, put it in a toolbox as a backup light, store it in the trunk of a car, give it to a kid that plays with lights so he wont bug his parents for batteries every day, use it as a lighted rolling pin.... I could think of more things.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Big_Ed said:
Give it to a kid who might like it. Maybe you'll be helping someone become a flashaholic!

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that right on up there with converting someone into an audiophile? As in, you're doing them no favors...

unclearty

Enlightened
I thonk that light light is pretty impressive...if you do a simple little mod. The only thing I didn't like about it, was the little oval artifacts around the center flood of light. If you CAREFULLY pry out the lens retaining ring, you'll see this little chromed beveled edge just under the lens. If you use a sharp blade, you can carefully scrape away the chrome on just the beveled edge revealing this opaque white plastic. Reassemble the light and you now have a very impressive white flood light. I use mine frequently outside at night. It may even be the perfect walking light.

Freedom1955

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lynx_Arc said:
mod it with a luxeon, sell it or trade it, put it in the kitchen drawer for a power outage, change the leds for other colors and use it to light up a christmas decoration, put it in a toolbox as a backup light, store it in the trunk of a car, give it to a kid that plays with lights so he wont bug his parents for batteries every day, use it as a lighted rolling pin.... I could think of more things.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

steve_vance

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MLong said:
The Dorcy 8 Led was my first LED flashlight I ever bought a few months ago. After I bought it I thought HMM it's not very bright but it's got a fairly long run time and the leds are pretty reliable. Well in the mean time I have purchased other flashlights that have pretty much put the Dorcy on my "what to do with list".

Any ideas what to do with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave 2 to the Pastor and Assistant Pastor at my church- they have them in their desks in event of a power outage.