Nuwai Q III or Innova T1

Longbow

Enlightened
The finish on the T1 is MUCH more durable (HAIII). The flood light on the Q III is greater, where as the throw on the T1 is greater. The Q III has a sharp (read catch on clothing) front bezel. The T1 has a lifetime warrantee, the Q !!! doesn't. I'd prefer the T1.

Mark2

Enlightened
I agree with Unregulated that the T1 is a much better light in terms of build quality and features (regulated, glass lens, robust tactical clickie, waterproof, much better anodizing and more robust body), BUT: The Q-III is much smaller and lighter. I don't see a direct competitor for the Q-III regarding unobtrusive EDC right now. However, the HDS lights are coming, and they will probably take the crown, but at a much higher price.

mccavazos

Enlightened
yeah, i just got a Q-III and i have to say to go with it. It small, bright, comes with a sheath, good runtime, and its cheap enough that you dont really care if it get dings in it.

Krit

Enlightened
Anyone mode T1 with the regular circuit to use LuxIII and change to reflex for make nice side spill? I like T1 shape but don't like light pattern.

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened
I only have the Q-III, my only Inova is the X5T-HA, so I'm sort of guessing what the T1 is like.

Nothing else I have comes close to the "carryability" of the Q-III, though. It's small, lightweight, affordable, bright, comes with a belt pouch, and you forget you're wearing it. It's pretty much unnoticable on a belt next to a cell phone.

There are LOTS of "better" lights out there, but who needs yet another one that ends up living at home in a drawer?

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
I have recently been carrying the T1 in County Comm's X5 pouch and it's quite nice.

The T1 fits in the pouch perfectly, and I can wear it horizontally. I literally don't even know it's there during the day.

I really like the T1. It's got a great beam, very good throw for a light of its size, and it has a better finish than the Q-III.

Which is better? That's still a tough choice. I have yet to use the T1 and think "man, I wish I had the flood of the Q-III" or something similar.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T1 can't really be modded, at least not yet - you'd have to take out the TIROS, which completely takes away all of the T1's advantages (good throw) to take the unit apart in the first place, IIRC. If you want spill, why ruin a T1? Just get a Q-III and be done with it.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
For general use, Q-III. If you are looking specifically for greater throw and don't mind very little spillbeam, T1.

Walking around at night the Q-III does a great job of illuminating the area around you, while I have to scan the T1 (2, 3) around to see my surroundings...

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Indeed - my Q-III, by itself, usually gets about 75-100 feet of usable throw/spill in the CITY at night - so that means light pollution's present. The T1's a very good spotlight, but that's not what I need the light for.

Besides, for a spotlight I'd pick up an XO3/T3 or a T4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif For a light that small, I generally want something with more spill, which is where the Q-III comes into its own. Or the Aleph series.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I admit that I'm generally more of a fan of flood than huge throw... at least in small lights. I mean, for my own uses, typically if I'm inside the house or working in a small area outside, a smaller light with half way decent throw but a good flood of light is what I find myself needing.

If I'm outside and am wanting/needing to look at something several dozen yards away, I'm more likely to be out there with a purpose and more than likely, I'll have grabbed a light that has better throw.

I'm glad you guys that carry just a T1 (or similar light) are happy with the beam. but for me, I just can't get used to the zero spill of the beam. In a tactical situation, maybe. But for general purpose civilian carry, the T series beams are just freakish to my eyes indoors.

Again, for my uses (and in my logic) a light with half way decent throw and very good flood makes the most sense as an EDC. Esp if you can have access to a light with great throw handy.

Come to think of it, does the T1 even offer appreciably more throw than the Q III? Or is it just a psychological thing because the T1 kills all the side spill?

Remember, my opinion is exactly as worthless as yours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve Andrews

Enlightened
I received a T1 today. I really like the clicky. Wish the X5 had it.
The T1 and X5 fit perfectly in a Benchmade large soft pouch. I am going to carry it bezel down.
I would have liked more spill. I am a big fan of flood lights. I love the Opalec NewBeam and X5 for this reason.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
Saying the T1 has no sidespill is not correct.

There is sidespill, just not a lot. The T1 is no X1, afterall.

The Q-III will put out a veritable "wall of light" when compared to any T series Inova. It has massive flood for such a small light.

The T1 seems to outthrow the Q-III, at least in my experience in my back yard. I don't have any data to back this up; I'm just stating what I personally have observed.

Exit32

Newly Enlightened
The Q-III is my favorite EDC light. It's small, light-weight, reliable, and very potent for its size. And, like others have said, I would't be too upset if I lost it -- but I'd order another one right away if that happened!

While the Q-III is always in my jacket pocket, I also keep an Inova T3 and a Surefire L4 on the nightstand.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
WallaceD:

The T1's throw readings: 24.49
The Q3's throw readings: 24.49

So they actually have about the same throw.

Just FYI -

The T1's overall output readings: 14
The Q3's overall output readings: 19

So the Q3 is not only matching the throw of the T1, but producing more light overall at the expense of battery life.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
Like I said, I have no data to back up my observations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I saw the readings on your site (I check it often!) but I swear the T1 appears to throw better than the Q-III. It must indeed be psychological, as cratz2 said.

I'm glad I have both lights, that's for sure!

Krit

Enlightened
From Quick beam data,
So, QIII is seem to be more interesting for use than T1.

Tentou

Newly Enlightened
Well, if it's a choice for EDC, the QIII wins on size. I've got a QIII, an XO and an X5HA from County Comm and I ALWAYS have my QIII on my belt. It's unobtrusive, small enough to not interfere with walking or sitting down and it's a snap to whip out the light, click the switch and get a bright flood of light.

That being said, I use my X5HA most often around the home, as a "walking around light" and the X0 as a spot beam for seeing stuff outside.

I'd assume the T1 is similar to the X0 in performance with only the size and cell capacity being different...well, the QIII has a 3-watter and the T1 a 1-watter Luxy, so I'd choose the QIII based on that alone. It's bright. REAL bright.