i need an: edc, led, 65+lum, 2x 123a light.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Hi everybody.

Well, after playing with my brinkman maxfire lx for a little while i realized i want something new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is what i am looking for, any ideas would be appreciated:

Something around the same size as a SF 6P (for edc), that is at least 65 lumens, that is an LED, and is reasonably priced.

I dont mind what type of batteries it would use, but 2x 123a would probably be the brightest,(since that would be 6v).

I have been searching and will continue to search but i just thought i would ask the CPF hive mind to help out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks everybody.

Stainless Steel

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is your definition of reasonably priced?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
IIRC the Streamlight Series offer 5W LS lights that are pretty decent and should fulfill your criteria. You might also want to look into the multitude of Nuwai lights that are ok, too.
Other options include a SF L4 or an Aleph on 2x123, but those are more expensive lights.
If you want to go there ... the SF U2 will appear shortly ...

Depends on what you consider "reasonbly priced" and the features you'd want. That's so cool these days ... there are so many different offerings that there's a light for everybody /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bernhard

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
sorry guys, i forgot to define that. heh heh

Ummmm, i would say around $100. The surefire U2 looks like "teh poop" but i dont wanna pay $280.

thanks guys.

SS

Flashlight Enthusiast
In that case (under $100), I'd say look at the Streamlight 3-watt dual level light. I don't have the model number handy, but its being discussed in other threads here. For around IIRC $80, you get two light levels (80 lumens on high, 20 lumens on low), and partial regulation.

If you eventually decide that you are willing to/able to splurge and go up to $160, I'd give a very enthusiastic recommendation to the Surefire L4 Digital Lumamax. Very tiny (only slightly longer than the Surefire E2E), yet it produces 65+ lumens of very white light, in a beautiful flood beam that still maintains a nice wide hotspot. Flawless beam, no artifacts. Near constant regulation, for a little over an hour.

Brock

Flashaholic
I hate to throw a wrench in to it, but maybe buy an E2e, them maybe upgrade later to the KL4 head or who knows what will out next...

LuxeonFans

Newly Enlightened
Inova T3 80 lumens 2 X cr123,according you need.
or SureFire L4,L5,L6,U2. But need pay more meney.

------------------------------------------------
ARC LSH-P LSH-S AA
Inova T1 T2 T3 Xo X5 .....
Gerber LX 1.0
Streamlight JR LED

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
allow me just to say.....

I HATE YOU GUYS!!! seriously, intensly, with no remorse. hate your guys.

You all have me looking at the SF U2 now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

and i am saying to myself "do i REALLY need TWO kidneys???"

Have a good one everybody. thank you for your help.

SS

MicroE

Enlightened
A true flashaholic is not limited to $100 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Some more ideas.....
McGizmo Aleph. I don't own one, but I have heard great things about the Aleph lights.
The MR Bulk Lionheart is ~$240 but is cheaper to run because it uses a rechargeable Pila battery. Avaiability is quite limited, though.
The long-awaited HDS EDC Ultimate would also fulfill your specs except for the $$$$. It has not yet shipped.