Children say the darndest things

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I had troubles comming up with a Subject line for this post. Any good suggestions and I'll change it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I have wonderfull children, overall well behaved, obedient etc. etc.
Until we get in the van /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif When we all pile in or as we ride along we hear....Ben's sleeping on me...Abram has his elbow in my side...I'm thirsty...I'm hungry...ABBEY....Noah got dirt on my seat..Gideon's whining...etc. etc.
My wife, older children and I handle this in different ways depending on the length of trip, amount of complaining etc.

But today there was one, despite the intent of the comment, that brought a smile to my face, as well as the need to report here.
Timmy (5) says [ QUOTE ]
Naomi (8) said my flashlight isn't an LED

[/ QUOTE ]
It was obviously intended as an insult and taken that way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
BTW The light in question is a Glowin Hippo ™ with a Sino Union LED PR replacement in it.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Gotta love em!!! They are indeed a gift and though we love them at all times, it's ever so special when one of these moments arise!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh man! Thats beautiful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

children never cease to amaze. Only one of mine is old enough to talk at the moment, but already the interaction between her and her baby brother is a wonder to watch.

watt4

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Wits' End said:
It was obviously intended as an insult and taken that way

[/ QUOTE ]

funny! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

d'mo

Enlightened
When my daughter was about two, I took her into a lavatory and stood against the wall as men sometimes do. Immediately, she spotted the feet of gentleman seated in one of the stalls. Despite her efforts, the stroller restraints prevented her from bending over far enough to see the unsuspecting occupant. Being curious, ever so politely, she called out, "Hello!" several times, but no reply was forthcoming. Just after exiting the lavatory, she looked up at me, raised a single index finger to her lips and quietly whispered, "Shhh, hiding."