• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Fire~Fly2 "Factory Seconds" sale NOW OVER-SOLD OUT

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fire~Fly2 \"Factory Seconds\" sale NOW OVER-SOLD OUT

Update:
All of the FF2 seconds have now been sold, so the sale is now closed. Thank you to everyone who purchased a light!

Since my forum is currently closed, I am posting this sale here:

I have several Fire~Fly 2 flashlights in stock, which have greenish beams. These I considered too green to send out as firsts, so I am selling them as seconds. The anodizing is first grade, and the mechanicals are all first grade, it's just that the beams are greenish, some more than others. If you are handy, you can replace the emitter on the sandwich and have yourself a first-grade FF at a discount. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here's how it goes:

On Tuesday Nov 30 at 3pm board time, I will consider the sale open. This sale is a first-come, first-served type of sale. This means first Paypal orders sent after then will claim the lights. I won't be choosing based on colour of beam, it will be randomly selected from the box. I have a small box of these seconds, and they aren't doing me any good sitting on the shelf. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You can specify your preference in the order, either NX05 or Fraen optic, and all of these lights also have the 2-stage switch installed.

Regular price for the firsts with 2-stage switch is $130.00US. For this sale, the price will be reduced to $110.00US. If you want to order one of the aluminum heads for these (I have some left), you can add that to the order for $18.00US (regularly $20.00US). If you want a spare optic, you can add it to your order for $7.00. Shipping is $5.00US to North America, $6.00USoverseas, sent by Airmail. Other shipping by arrangement, please email to ask.

If you want to have one of the rare unmarked FF bodies (no laser engraving), I have 3 left. You can order them for $38.00US.

Now, if you have a concern that your light will not be sent promptly (I'm sure some people are concerned), I will offer this guarantee: If I have not sent your order for in-stock items by the Friday of the week you order, I will send you $10.00 by Paypal. I am determined to improve my customer service, starting with this guarantee. Your Paypal note will be acknowledged promptly, so that you know that your order is secured, and I'll send notification when the order ships.

Please send your Paypal order to me at: [email protected] , and any inquiries should go to the same email.

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fire~Fly2 \"Factory Seconds\" sale!Tuesday at 3pm!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Doug,

It would be nice if you could just start the sale right now, or at least do it on a day and a time that most folks won't be at work. I would like to buy one of these, but there is no way I'll be able to do so on your specified day and time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Peter

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it would be nice if Doug took care of his existing commitments. Do not honor Doug with the attention this posting will generate as I just have. I don't think Doug deserves another dime from any CPF'rs until past commitments have beef fulfilled.
Yaesumofo

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

LitFuse, I put it then so people have time to prepare. I tried to put it at a time when nobody is going to be in bed, so CPF'ers on the other side of the world have a chance, too.

Yaesumofo - please don't trash my thread, nor me. There's been more than enough of that already.

The proceeds from this sale will be going to help pay off the machining bills I've run up this year so far.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fire~Fly2 \"Factory Seconds\" sale!Tuesday at 3p

Edited:
Old Re: temporarily-permanantly removed by 3rd_shift.

Someone turned over a new leaf. (again)

Welcome back to cpf (again) Doug. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: Fire~Fly2 \"Factory Seconds\" sale! Tuesday at 3

[ QUOTE ]
DSpeck said:
This sale is a first-come, first-served type of sale. This means first Paypal orders sent after then will claim the lights.

If you want to order one of the aluminum heads for these (I have some left), you can add that to the order for $18.00US (regularly $20.00US).

If you want to have one of the rare unmarked FF bodies (no laser engraving), I have 3 left. You can order them for $38.00US.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug, just to verify:

Will you be taking PayPal payments, without posting to this thread first, to "grab" a spot as it's usually done?

By "aluminum heads" you mean the heatsink or bezel? Sorry if this sounds obvious, but I am not too familiar with the FF (except to know it's a small light and that I should educate myself about it).

If one orders an aluminum head, or an unmarked FF body, will they get these items in *addition* to the rest of the order, or will these options replace what you are offering?

Thanks for the info!

oldtimer

Enlightened

Just how many do you have?

You say first come first serve.. how do we know when the lights are sold out? I don't think you would want twenty Paypal payments after the last one is gone lol.

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
b2p said:
Just how many do you have?

You say first come first serve.. how do we know when the lights are sold out? I don't think you would want twenty Paypal payments after the last one is gone lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, seems like a lot of room for confusion.

sebast

Enlightened

I would like an Alu Head, that I waiting for several month...

oldtimer

Enlightened

PS, does anyone have any photos or brightness ratings?

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sebastian, I will be sending you one of the aluminum heads this week. I sent it months ago, but if you haven't received it, I'll send another.

b2p - I have 17 of the FF2 seconds.

If anyone sends me an order after I have sold out, I will refund the payment. I'll place a notice on this thread when the lights are sold out, so you may wish to check here before sending your payment. Paypal payments will take precedence over any postings here.

greenLED - any other items you order will be in addition to the FF2. They will come in the package with it. The aluminum heads refer to the heatsink, which on the standard model is copper. The aluminum head is lighter in weight, so some people requested I make them in addition to the copper ones. The Fire~Fly FAQ is here. I think someone did brightness tests, but I can't remember where. Roy did runtime tests, showing about an hour of runtime at full brightness.

sylvestor

Newly Enlightened

Dspeck,

Do you have any beam shots of the firefly 2nds ?

sylvestor

Newly Enlightened

Are the regular ff2 available for purchase now ?

sylvestor

Newly Enlightened

Dspeck: can you post a picture of what the 2 stage switch looks like on the the ff2 ?

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, here goes:

sylvestor - I don't have any beamshots of the FF seconds. I don't really have any place to take a beamshot here. I'll try to get a picture of the 2-stage switch in the FF posted this weekend.

ensig - there is only one brass FF2 kit left, and it will be going to Sasha to raffle or auction off, with 90% of the proceeds going to support the CPF. I am not sure when she will be doing the raffle or auction.

kitelights - bodies (and the rest of the parts) are available from the Sandwich Shoppe (or will be in the next couple of days.)

There aren't any FF2 firsts left for sale.