Where can I buy G2 clickies?

Xeper

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I need some G2 clickies. Can you please tell me a source of supply for this things?

Thanks

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Xeper,
Unfortunately for you, there aren't any clickies made for for G2, not off the shelf anyway. Do a search on CPF for 'Garrity' (IIRC), and you should find the correct type of light that you can buy and salvage the clickie from the tailcap switch to fit into your G2.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Roy, I dunno how I missed that post of yours totally! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif I'm off to dig in my kitchen for some foil too!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy, thanks so much for clearly illustrating that easy mod. I stumbled upon it a few weeks ago. I used a thick copper strip instead of Al foil and it works great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

To bad there's not such an easy and inexpensive conversion for the E2 series...or did I miss that one also?

Thanks again.

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I tried the cheap foil/kroll modification for a G2, and wound up with a light that was on continuously. I tried a few times, carefully following the directions. Any idea what I might have done incorrectly?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Krolls are easy to screw up - but everything is usually repairable. I'll venture a guess that the outer contact spring slipped under the inside disc-like contact that is actuated by the rear push button. The inner contact is supposed to press into the spring when on and a gap should exist when it's off. When the spring gets caught underneath , it won't turn off.

The mod does work but Al foil isn't the best (just the easiest) conductor to use. I have copper sheets and strips laying around to make contacts from. I'll bet you can locate an alternative at an electrical supply, hardware or hobby store.