Help, good AA or AAA LED light for under $10?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back in September I bought a bunch of Princeton Tec Attitudes for $4.83 ea. from REI. I now find I didn't get nearly enough and the sale is off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Are there any similar quality AA or AAA lights out there for less than $10?

TIA,
-LT

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I don't know of any multi cell LED lights under $10.00
I made myself a rayovac 4AA 4LED light for under $5.00
the next closest light that doesn't use coin cells is a dorcy AAA as far as I know.

jaa

Newly Enlightened
Brightguy has the Dorcy AA 3led on sale for $9.

Batterystation has an AA 8led import light on sale for $10.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. I'll start checking your recommendations.

One thing I like about the PT is that it's also waterproof. Where I'm planning on sending them that would be a plus.

-LT

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the UKE 2AAA eLed? They're going for about $12 at Brightguy, but you might be able to find them cheaper elsewhere? Great little light with extremely long runtime too...

Muppet

Newly Enlightened
I actually EDC the eLed and it's a really nice light. Although the second battery makes it a little larger than some other options, the bonus of the lens and the very lightweight plastic really make it hard to beat. At least for ten bucks...

Tentou

Newly Enlightened
Actually, Lunal_Tic, you should try heading over to Yodobashi Camera or a Tokyu Hands and checking on their selection of lights. The Japanese are as much into LEDs as we are, you can see gigabytes of computer sites that dedicate themselves to flashlights.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
you could always find a nice 4AA light and buy a PR base LED bulb for it for a few bucks.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tentou,
You're right about those places. They've got quite a few lights but most are Chinese derivatives and pricey to boot.

My current project is to give an intramural-like basketball team in the Philippines a bunch of lights. Their uniforms are red and they play at night mostly so I figured red Attitudes would be cool. Also since they also have lots of typhoons and power outages I thought they would be useful too. That's also why I was looking for something waterproof.

Sigman,
I received the email and will be getting back to you shortly.

Thanks,
LT

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI the rage is a real flamethrower for such a small light.

makes a great mate to the attitude.

bob

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
problem I see with the rage is replacement xenon lamp module cost of about $4.50. That wouldn't be cheap if a lot of them start burning up for a whole team, it is almost as cheap just to buy a new light.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember the Xnova AA?

f9_1.JPG