KL1 heads for Surefire E1 and E2

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear Wolfen,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding SureFire products. The availability of the LED conversions is about two weeks away. Contact us at the end of the month for price and availability.

Surefire is dedicated to providing world-class customer service. We appreciate your interest in our products and welcome any future inquiries and comments.

Sincerely,
George Syrengelas
Technical Support

Just thought you guys would like to know.
wink.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Steve, you want the KL1

full part number is: KL1-HA-WH Bezel, E1/E2, White LED
This was taken from a BO on a SureFire Invoice. Hmmmmmmmmm White, will there be other colors in the future?????

- Don

SteveK

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have pictures of it yet? I check PK's site occassionally, but have yet to find any.

Spork

Enlightened
so if someone doesn't have a e2 or e1 would it be better just to buy the L1? or will the e1e be the smallest luxeon light available from surefire? if it is i might just have to get that.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by *Bart*:
Here is a pic of the KL1 both on the E1 and E2...
DSCN3344.JPG

There are more pics on PK's site .
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">These must be from very early prototypes. I don't think they'll look like that when they come out. The maximum possible width of the bezel beyond the first hex nut looks like it'll end up a millimeter or so less than the bezels shown in these photographs, because the additional hex "nuts" were replaced with four cooling rings.

After doing some snooping around, I found pictures of known production samples which can be found HERE.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The KL1 on the E1 body will be the smallest Luxeon from SureFire. Don't know when the L1 will come out but it has a High and Low current circuit through the LED and the tail switch and electronics require a longer flashlight. Tail works the same way the A2 does and I would put my money on the A2 arriving well before the L1 but that is just guessing.

- Don

Brock

Flashaholic
I would suggest getting the E2e and the KL1. Then you have the regular 5w incandescent lamp, very bright, and the option to switch over to the KL1 bezel for the 1w LED. Of course you could do the same thing with the E1e, but the E1e's regular lamp is only 2watts, it is a tighter beam the LED so it would sine further, but the E1e with the KL1 is what I will have to carry.

Best of all the KL1 should be the same brightness on the E1 or E2, just last longer on the E2.

I am going to start holding my breath now
icon15.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Now that you mention color, do you have any info on the "whiteness" of the coming SF led's. My experience with the LS is only through Arc, and I am curious about SF's standards as they relate to what is available from the manufacturer. Do you know if these are HD? What do you expect?

By the way I am excited because I have an A19 adapter on the way which will turn my little 3P into a 6P, thus enabling me to get the KL3 bezel!

Thanks,

Jim

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Here's a shot of the KL1 on E2E:

a2-latest.jpg

Image from: THIS THREAD

Notice that the L1 is almost as long with only 1 123 cell within.

- Don

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have not posted any photos of the KL1.
I did post a photo I took of the KL2 proto-tpye I had a while back...
Shelby's photos of it were far more impressive though.

When it comes to photos of SureFires, Shelby Chan's are the best. I think PK should send him these goodies to photograph asap!

Al
smile.gif

Doug

Enlightened
Well, having an LS in either my E1 or E2 sounds great, but, both of mine are the silver colored ones, not the HA's. Will they have theses in Silver color as well?!?! I wonder how much they will cost? Any one have any ideas
smile.gif
?