L:ED Surefire with throw

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I blew a wad on the L4 - awesome light! I am going to use it a LOT - can it take rechargable 123s? But it doesn't throw like my Blaster 3P - see the review I did. Now, maybe that's too much to ask, but I am thinking seriously about becoming a throw addict - sounds like fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Anything about the size of the L4 that will throw like a Blaster?

bagman

Enlightened
Mikelip - I run my L4 on a Pila 168S, superb short range light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

For throw I use my Tigerlight but it is a bit bigger than the L4 I confess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JanCPF

Enlightened
What bagman said, and if you want throw, put a KL1 gen. 4 head on top of that L4 body with the Pilas in it, and you've got a nice little thrower for 2+ hours of regulated runtime. I don't know if it throws like a Blaster as I don't own one of those.

Jan

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto on what JanCPF said, or a Longbow Micra. I think there may be a little variability in the Micra LED tint and regulation, but great tight beam, finish, and form factor (with the twisty tailcap). It's also shorter than a SF E1E/KL1 with it's regular lockout tailcap.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never seen a Blaster IIIP but if the throw is similar to the Blaster II or FT-3C, I'd be knocked over if I ever see an L4-sized light with similar throw.

Of course, I'm still holding out for an ARC AAA-sized light with such throw.

And 5 minute runtime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MikeLip said:
Anything about the size of the L4 that will throw like a Blaster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure... have it made:

Lux 3 LED
something over 1000ma feeding it
Aleph 3 head.
Balrog 2x123, or 3x123 body.
some type of tailcap.
BOOM... problem solved.

SS

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
StainlessSteel said:
Sure... have it made:

Lux 3 LED
something over 1000ma feeding it
Aleph 3 head.
Balrog 2x123, or 3x123 body.
some type of tailcap.
BOOM... problem solved.

SS

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I suppose it's time to get my feet wet. Sounds like an after-Christmas project! Thanks to the group. This is an awesome place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JanCPF said:
What bagman said, and if you want throw, put a KL1 gen. 4 head on top of that L4 body with the Pilas in it, and you've got a nice little thrower for 2+ hours of regulated runtime. I don't know if it throws like a Blaster as I don't own one of those.

Jan

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll second this, this could definately be classified as a "tactical" light......the newest KL1 head that is.

i've got mine on a Vital Gear body-FB1........this is a serious WOW light especially at only 3.5". so far, im seeing this light as being as brighter than my Tec40 w/KRP103 bulb when i had it......that's a 6volt light.

going by memory as i haven't had the chance yet to put them side by side, this thing looks close in brightness to my first generation Blaster Jr. loaded with lithiums.