Questions about peak 1led, 1 AAA sidespill

ssteven1

Newly Enlightened
I am intrested in the peak 1led 1AAA light. (I waited to long and did not get an arc). I read here that the 3led peak does not have any sidespill, but how does the 1 led compare to the arc in sidespill. Also is there any difference in sidespill in the white vs the snow leds. Last question how does the brightness compare between peak 1 led hi-power and the arc.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I have a 1 LED non hi-power Peak ARC Prototype and while it fits nicely on my keychain, it doesn't have nearly the nice huge spill of the Infinity Ultra. That Ultra is hard to beat for lot of spill in a small package. I think its more a function of the smaller 'reflector' on the AAA light than the AA light. But for the size of light it is, they are very nice. In case you didn't notice, you can still order the ARC Prototype Peaks in brass for only $20 from their Discount Items page. For $20, it's hard to pass up.

I also have a non-hi power 2xN cell Peak and again, the spill just isn't comparable to the Infinity Ultra.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1led aaa has a bored-out shiny aluminum head which acts like reflector. The sidespill is not evenly distributed and causes some glare, so I put glow polish on the reflector so that it is flush with the led. The tip sticks out and the beam is un-affected except for a little loss of sidespill, yet no glare. Very easy to find at night.

The 3led doesn't have the head bored-out so much so the sidespill would be less visible.

Niteowl

Enlightened
As far as spill goes, the beam's pretty tight on my 1 LED's. Peak uses an LED with a narrow angle to concentrate the light forward (so I'm told by Peak).

If you want bright, get the 3 LED version. I have a snow in standard and am quite happy with it. White LEDs seem a little brighter with a tad more throw, but the snows are smooooth and even. I really don't miss the spill that much.

Mark

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one of the prototype lights, and I'm still puzzled as to how it spills the way it does. It's like a mystery of physics to me. Heck, I can set it down on something and still see spill. .