Flashlight saves the day!

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
We're buried in snow here in the Midwest, and me and my wife were shovelling the driveway so I could move my car.

Simple enough.

After a couple hours, we decided to call it a day. It was dark by that time, and as we were heading in my wife discovered she had lost her wedding ring! Needless to say, she was very, very upset. She was in tears and nearly frantic, so I immediately ran inside to get my 8 year old daughter. "Get dressed, and grab the flashlights!"

We all headed back outside, decked out in our cold weather gear and packing photons. I was armed with my SureFire L4 (KL4/E2e), my daughter had a SL TT-2L, and my wife an Inova T1.

We searched and searched, and after a few minutes my wife was ready to give up. Not 10 seconds later, I found the ring! It was buried under the snow, but the L4 brought the gold to life.

My wife was overjoyed, and for the first time ever I heard these words: "I'll never say another word about you and your flashlights!"

Heh. I have to say, it was a good day.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
I love stories with a happy ending. Thanks so much for sharing.

And, obviously, this once again illustrates how practical flashlights can be!

Happy Holidays

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
WallaceD said:

My wife was overjoyed, and for the first time ever I heard these words: "I'll never say another word about you and your flashlights!"

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be a good time to buy more lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm just joking. I'm glad you found her ring! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow I hope that happens to me when I get married! Too bad they dont allow 12 year olds to get married /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif But then again there is no way I am going to afford a wedding ring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glas you found her ring. Perhaps now you can get a Surefire Beast and *melt* the snow next time.

My wife asked me recently, "How much have you spent on these damn flashlights?!?!"

I replied, "Not as much as the $2400.00 I spent on your Louis Vuitton handbag I got you for Christmas."

She shut up fast and smiled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Santelmo

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

xpitxbullx -- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I should put a flashlight on my whites metal detector... I have found lost jewelry with it also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ummm, isn't describing an actual *use* for flashlights, other than scaring the neighbors, against the rules and spirit of this forum?

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
Great story!

The next time your wife gives you "the eye" (you married men know what I'm talking about) because of a flashlight purchase, you can **** an eyebrow and tap your left ring finger...

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Painter said:
Ummm, isn't describing an actual *use* for flashlights, other than scaring the neighbors, against the rules and spirit of this forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Good point.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

deputy tom

Newly Enlightened
WallaceD,I'm glad you found the ring but don't ever let her forget those words"My wife was overjoyed, and for the first time ever I heard these words: "I'll never say another word about you and your flashlights!"

Take this from someone who knows.tom.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wallace, NICE WORK M'MAN!

Thus far, my wife has yet to see the value or purpose in good photon casting implements. Glad you used the tools to come to the rescue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif