GOT MY LIONHEART! Yay! But need Pila charge info

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you can see, I got my light. But while the instructions are good, there is no information on charging the Pila battery. I assume it needs an initial charge before using, but I don't know for how long, or if the charger is smart enough to stop charging when the battery is done. Help!

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's probably already charged. The charger isn't smart enough to stop charging, but that's by design. The protection circuitry that controls charging is actually in the batteries. Something about this is probably printed on the battery's outer casing. It's my understanding that they can be safely left in the charger for several hours. I don't have my charger's manual with me, but I think it said up to 12 hours.

By the way - mine is a CPF SE LH from Tactical Warehouse. It came with Wolf-Eye batteries and a Wolf-Eye charger. It's my understanding from several people that they are the same as the Pila, meaning they are the same products but different branding.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Plug in the charger before you insert the battery.

I only charge one at a time. I understand it's better to charge one cell at a time.

The light on the charger will be green before you insert the battery. The light will turn red when you put the battery in. The light will turn green when the battery is charged.

You can't over charge or discharge low enough to damage the cell because of the protection circuit in the battery.