The Flashlight Christmas Tree!!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are down in Houston at the in-laws for Christmas and when we put our things in the room what do I see.
IMG_1756.JPG

Yes that's right a Christmas tree in my room with flashlights all over it. Even a mini Mag on the top!

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am surprised the limbs can handle the weight of those.

Maybe a creative person would make a set of plastic light bodies that have leds in them on a string, so we could have real lights to string on a tree.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hahaha...that's so cool. A Christmas tree in true CPF style! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Of course, if I do the same thing here and my girl friend see all my lights hanging from it...I probably got wacked by the same tree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

OZ

Newly Enlightened
Wonder what Santa thought of your tree?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
OZ said:

[/ QUOTE ]

He proably took a light and dumped Rudolph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hope he didn't take the minimag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Ratso

Enlightened
LMAO! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
tree0002.jpg

Christmas tree lit solely by LED light sets.
There are Forever Brights, a Target set with star-shaped lenses, and a color-changing set on the bottom limbs.

That's the best offering I can come up with for a flashaholic's Christmas tree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

theepdinker

Enlightened
The Christmas tree should be a flashaholic's holiday icon.
It's decorated with lights of your choosing, flashaholic or not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Theepdinker

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Former_Mag_User said:
[ QUOTE ]
OZ said:

[/ QUOTE ]

He proably took a light and dumped Rudolph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

***** BREAKING NEWS *****

NORTH POLE -- The Allied Union of Reindeer Transit Workers is considering filing suit against Santa Claus for what they termed as 'discrimination' against of one of their members over a dispute regarding airborne illumination. Since time immemorial, Rudolph the Reindeer with his brilliant red nose has been tasked with guiding the sleigh which Mr. Claus has used to deliver Christmas gifts to nice children all over the world, however, just prior to the 2004 flight, Rudolph was reassigned to a ground handling position.

When interviewed, Mr. Claus indicated substantial weight and cost savings using the new Luxeon Star(tm) light emitting diode from LumiLEDs as the reason for the internal staff reallocation. "If they can light Boeing 7E7 wingtips using the new Astreon LED made by Honeywell, and realize a cost saving, I can too. It's made by a major aviation contractor and already certified, relieving me of all the paperwork I need to do to get flight clearance. It's not as if I don't have enough paperwork already as it is." remarked Mr. Claus while furiously pecking away at his new O2 XDA integrated PDA phone. Our correspondent noted that there was no "naughty and nice" list anywhere in sight, as there has been in previous years.

A spokesman for the Reindeer Union responded angrily "Is there nothing sacred? Have all our traditions been sacrificed in the name of CapEx and OpEx reductions? There has never been a problem navigating by the light of Rudolph's nose, but instead he's been replaced by three newfangled red 'diodes'. This is sacrilege! We demand Rudolph be restored to his former position and payscale, or next year, there will be no Christmas gift delivery!"

Mr. Claus had no comment when informed of the civil action threatened by the Union, but our insider sources indicate that he is currently in talks with USPS, FedEx and UPS to determine who will secure what could be a very lucrative contract.

OZ

Newly Enlightened
KevinL...did you and The Allied Union of Reindeer Transit Workers have a little too much Egg Nog??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Sounds like a "strike" is on the horizon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif