surefire M3 combat vs pelican supersabre light

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to pelican website, the supersabre light has 12,000 candle power or 47.9 lumens at the center of beam. I used this light often when there were powere outage in Canada. I notice it has very focus beam with few stray light. Pelican claims that it shines for 100m or 300feet. However, I actually notice it shines about 80m but it is still bright. There was no yellowish in color. I notice that
other members in this forum indicated taht incadescent light has yellow color. Does the M3 also have this problem. Isn't the light equiped with xenon bulb? does anyone have sure fire incandescent flashlight notice yellowish color. Pelican light doesn't seem to have this problem at all.Shouln't the M3 have much brighter beam and its light throw farther than the supersabre light?

cdf

Enlightened
I have an M3 with the HOLA , it looks pretty white to me . I would think its beamshot would far outclass the Peli .

Ratso

Enlightened
The M3 is available in 125 Lumen and 225 Lumen lamps, both are much brighter than the Super Saber Light's lamp. The regular M3 does not focus as tight as the Super Saber Light, so it may not be able to throw as far, but still puts out more than twice as much light overall. The M3T, with a larger Turbo Head reflector, should be able to throw much further with either lamp assembly.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both. You can't really compare them as they are designed with two different purposes in mind. While the Sabre throws a very tight beam I find it not all that useful, especially beyond 75 feet. The beam is so small and tight I find it hard to keep in on target so to speak.

I guess it's kinda like having 10 power binoculars, they generally have a narrower field and it's sometimes hard to stay on target.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with Double A. You're looking at two different lights designed for completely different purposes. The Sabrelite's tight beam works really well for cutting through smoke, fog, water, and other things that would tend to diffuse your average beam. The M3 is more of a shooter's light, which would work better in the air. I'd think an M3 in smoke would be like your car's highbeams in fog, where you'd see the fog really well but everything else would be pretty mucky. .

Skyline

Enlightened
I'm shining my M3/HOLA on the wall right now, and it definitely looks very white to me! However, it's when you compare incandescent vs LED that you start to think the incandescents looks a bit yellow. In such comparisons, it just can't be helped.

One would have to do a side by side comparison between the M3 and Supersabre Light to see which has better throw. However, under 20 ft and the M3 will obliterate the Supersabre Light.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greater output doesn't necessarily mean the beam will appear whiter. Sometimes the larger filament in big watt lamps seems yellower than a small P60 or Pelican lamp but it does produce more lumens. Might small filaments need to burn proportionately hotter than the larger and longer G3's & T4's?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about 20' underwater?? That's where the Sabrelite shines /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Mine's been as deep as 135', and it still worked just fine. .