Hello from a new member and my first question!

Minimoog

Enlightened
Hi,

I live in the UK and have been an enthusiast and collector of all things flashlight for a long time now.

I hope that I can contribute positively to the forums in the future, and look forward to reading about new items on the market from fellow users and enthusiasts!

I do have a question to start me off, and this concerns the U2 and KL6 LED heads for Surefire. I have a U2 - a cracking good light, however I have read good reports on the KL6 head. I was wondering are they pretty much doubling up on each other or are they very different?

I have an M6 and was contemplating a KL6 for it, but would appreciate any feedback on owners of both products. I spend a fair time in the countryside where unlit spooky lanes are common ;-)

On another subject, I have been reading on ther forums about Mr Bulk's Li-On Heart creations - very good they sound too! Are they still for sale or are they made to order only - could not see any prices on his website...

Well, must sign off now, but you can be sure that I will not be far away - top site this!

All the best,

Ian

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, Soundbox. Welcome to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can't comment on KL6 since I don't own one.
But as for the Lionheart, all I know is the last one of the HAIII had just recently been ordered from Tactical Warehouse. And I would guess the best bet is to find seller on the B/S/T lights forum or simply post a WTB(want to buy) post about the Lionheart that you would like.

And yes, LH is truly a mighty fine creation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Welcome, and stay a while !
The KL6 throws a bit further than the U2 due to the deeper reflector. In terms of output, they are roughly similar, but the Luxeon Lottery plays a big role here, of course. KL6 can be used on the M6 and M4 body which is cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
bernhard

Minimoog

Enlightened
Hi,

Thanks for the info (and the welcome)!

At this moment in time I can use my colleague's U2 whenever he is not using it, so I have had a fair amount of use of it in various conditions and it is excellent but the beam does not carry far too well.

For low level LED work I have ordered an A2 from JC IV and this should be arriving soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I suppose that I really need /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif an LED flashlight that has good brightness and carrying power to compliment it and the KL6 sounds the way to go.

Concerning the Lion-Heart's I seem to have come to the party too late /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif and missed out. Shame about that.

Well, I will put an ad on the forums requesting a KL6 - hopefully I can get a good one without a horrid tint.

All the best for now,

Ian

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Ian, if you want throw with a LED light, the LuxV (in the U2 and KL6) is not the way to go. The best thrower in the "smaller high quality lights"-class is McGizmo's Aleph3 head which will easily outthrow the KL6 and the U2. You'll find this one in the McGizmo forum.

The LionHeart ... no problemo man, just watch the B/S/T and custom B/S/T forums and sooner or later one with your name on it will pop up. Patience always wins in B/S/T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bernhard

Minimoog

Enlightened
Thanks Bernhard.

Those Aleph's sure look like they have some power, however unfortunatly I am a little confused over the whole system.

Do I take it that an Aleph 3 head will work on my Surefire? It would be nice to utilise what I have but if it neccasary to buy a new body then so be it.

Perhaps I should start a thread on the McGizmo forum or can you point me to one that may answer my questions over the system - where to buy etc?

Many thanks for your help.

All the best,

Ian