How "Quaint"

Markswrong

Newly Enlightened
How \"Quaint\"

I have a friend thats arguing w/ me... I've told him that Scotty used the line in Star Trek IV...... Now I know that Q says the same thing to Picard *Patrick Stewart* in a Star Trek the next generation episode. Does anyone know what episode he states this? or have the actuall script?

Thanks
Mark

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How \"Quaint\"

In Star Trek IV (yes, the one with the whales)
In the scene where Scotty and McCoy visit the plexiglass manufacturing in the 20th centrury, and Scotty is about to input the chemical structure for transparent aluminium. He begins by talking to the computer (which is a Mac Classic, Fat Mac, or Slim Mac, one of those), then McCoy hands him the mouse. Scotty attempts to talk into that. The manager, being flustered, says "Just use the keyboard". Scotty replies "Keyboard, how quaint..."

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

Scotty: "Hello Computer"
Company Man: "Just use the keyboard."
Scotty: "Oh, We'll have to do it the old fashioned way"
then proceedes to just about melt down the keyboard as he generates the molecular matrix for transparent alluminum.

Neat movie.

And Checkoff: Asking around to find the "Nuclear Wessels"

And Kirk: "OK, everone remember where we parked."

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

Markswrong
Sorry, I know every word of the 79 episodes of the original series. TNG, I'm not as strong on.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

Q does say that in that episode, but I thought it was to the adolescent Q girl and not to Picard.......