If $$$ was no object which light would you guys

Andreas

Enlightened
PURCHASE???? Not that it isn't but looking to get some opinions??

TIA

Andreas

cdf

Enlightened
I'd esatblish a revolving charge acct. with McGizmo , for hot and cold running Alaphs .

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken-Rad PSL 35, SureFire Beast, Maxebeam, X990 (The Cheapest-only $500 for 3200 Lumen)

Best pocket light-Mini-HID at $300 or
SureFire M6 for $400

If money wa no limit, I'd go for the Ramses 50,000 (watt arc lamp) or the Spectrolab 300,000,000 candle power 1500 watt portable short arc toy- mighty cool

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

All My Lights

Some Lights

Andreas

Enlightened
NikolaTesla

Where could I see these light choices?? and where can I purchase them??

Ken-Rad PSL 35

Ramses 50,000

Spectrolab 300,000,000 candle power 1500 watt portable short arc toy- mighty cool

TIA

andreas

sjb269

Newly Enlightened
custom aleph in titanium with about 6 tritium vials. Right now I am obsessed with edc flashlights and my aleph 2 1x123 is the bomb. I would add 1 and 3 reflectors 2 and 3 tubes and maybe 5 light engines.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: If $$$ was no object which light would you guy

Small: I'd get some Alephs, w/several heads.
Midsize: I'd get a Barbolight U09.
Large: I'd get a HID spotlight.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lets see...
I think its www.KenRadLighting.com

The Ramses 50000 search CPF- I saw it on here
Its a 50000 watt short arc Xenon- I could not even calculate the candle power. More power than the sun itself.

www.spectrolab.com the light is called CHIS I think. They make those super powered lights mounted on the helicopters. those are only 30,000,000 CP weak compared to the big one

I am pretty much into HID lights- very bright. Best deal on one of those is X990 at www.brightguy.com- $500 gets 3200 Lumen. VERY bright. The lable on the included case says: Turns darkness into daylight. They aint fooling!

some help here:http://www.tjtech.org/gallery/NikolaTesla/AllMyLights3

Look around the entire page by clicking on me (NikolaTesla) in uper right corner of page. Hope that helps.

NicolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

My favorite lights...

Surefire U2 Digital Ultra
Surefire E1e + 3rd-generation KL1
Surefire E2e Executive or L4 LumaMax

And as for the crazy custom mods..
ufokillerz' Mag2HID
Ginseng's Mag85
bwaites Ultimate Stealthlight
MicroMagMadMax+
My own Mag3X (3x Luxeon 3s in a 3C NiMH Mag)

Plus chargers, rechargeable cells and support infrastructure for all of the above..

The worrying part is that I am actually putting down money for most of these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif them crazy lights are gonna start eatin' me out of house and home!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd have to go with the Surefire Beast with the BP reflector. Lots of TTTTHHHHHRRRRRROOOOOOWWWWWWWWW. Plus, it is one of the most durable lights ever built. Now, all they need is a rechargeable battery pack.

I would also like a Maxabeam(probably the most famous superlight), Reva Longarm 2400, Megaray, and that weak little Spectrolab NightSun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast

I suppose I wouldn't aim quite as high as you guys. A SF U2 would keep me happy for a few days. Maybe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just one - tvodrd's CR2 II. Well maybe two or three.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

EDC: SF A2
Big Light: Tiger11+ or M6-R
Crazy bright light: bwaites USL.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh yeah, the Beast. And a 1000-pack of Batterystation cells to load it up!!

Andreas

Enlightened

How does the MAXABEAM compare to the other big guns that have been mentioned in this thread?? If I am going to spend up in the 2K range I want to make sure that I make the best all around choice?? I do appreciate all the suggestions and feedback.

Thanks

Andreas

StuU

Enlightened

I think that I would purchase a stable full of Alephs with all the different reflectors and light engines. Plus a few choice Surefires thrown in.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

EDC: VIP/LiOnHeart/A2 (oops, I have all three!)
Smaller Light: 2C mag Carley 1499/WA 1183 (oops got 'em)
Big Light: 2D Mag11/3D Mag85 (got these too)
Specialty light: Ultimate Stealthlight
Spotlight: The Thor Modified (more on this light later, but think 10000 lumens or so!)

Bill

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Andreas:

The Maxabeam is a xenon short arc HID light that was designed for the Navy for long range signaling. It's beam is visible 2 miles(I think) and is pencil thin(smaller then pencil thin if you ask me.). But, one of its features is that it is a spot to flood light that is powered by pushing a button(no twisting heads for a Maxabeam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) It is powered by a battery that detaches from the light and can be worn on your belt via a cord connected to the light. On the Sticky Thread in the Spotlight/HID/Lantern forum you can go to Kenshiro's website that has a very detailed review of the Maxabeam and several of the other Superlights(even though newer lights have been made since then so you may not be familiar to the others he reviewed).

Here is the website for the Maxabeam:

www.peakbeam.com

Also, you may have seen this light in many places on TV and in Movies - Jurassic Park, X Files, Alien VS. Predator.

One thing to note about this light is that it is not very "bright". Yes, it throws vvvveeeeeeeerrryyyyyyyy far, but it does not put out that many lumens and it really isn't a light that you would use to go outside and light up a street, field, etc. But, it is the envy of just about every CPFer. It is THE original superlight.

Due to the reflector, when this light is in flood mode, there is a very black/large donut hole in the center.

Back to business. Myself, personally, would not buy a Maxabeam at first. If I was purchasing a light in the $2-$3k range, I would probably buy a Surefire Beast. It is very limited, almost indestructable (you will hear stories of the Beast being lugged 40 feet in the air in the street, it hitting the cement, having the batteries smashed then replaced, and working like brand new. It really is a Beast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif), VERY bright, and just plain AWSOME /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif! But, don't let what I have said discourage you in buying the Maxabeam. It is an excellent light and anyone is very lucky to have it.