KL1 + Vital Gear body?

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any experience using the lastest gen. KL1 on a Vital Gear body (FB1 or FB2)? Any major differences between using a Vital Gear body and a SureFire one?

freefall8

Newly Enlightened
I have that combo and it works great. Just make sure the head and tailcap are screwed on tight for good contact.

It is a very small package...good for every day carry. The major difference is no upgrade options for the switch. The Surefire switch can be upgraded to 2-stage.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Yep, the VG body is smaller, has the switch integrated, and the clip is on the switch side for bezel-down carry. I like them.

I am currently hoping to get a 4.2V rechargable for a 1xcell VG body and a KL4 head - great powerfull little package /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I like the smaller VG bodies and the clip position better than on the SF. Not too concerned about being able to upgrade the switches. I was thinking about using the FB1 and a KL1. Is www.supremeco.com.hk the best place to order Vital Gear? Is there any place in the US or Canada?

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
I have that combo. Great EDC light, throw is great, sidespill is useable.

The VG FB1 pops up at the BST Lights once in a while. Our CPF member JCCIV sells them, and i must add he is a very good seller.

Here's athread showing the KL1/FB1 combo.
Pictures of the KL1/FB1 combo.

Bravado

Newly Enlightened
I have the same combo. I like the head down carry and clip but overall the body is a bit to short for my hands. My other gripe is that the new gen. head doesn't have enough side spill.

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the pics. I will have to check out the BST. I did notice in the link with the pictures that some people seemed to have some problems with this combo (battery contact issues), anyone one know if this is still an issue?

jeepinpaul

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a VG FB1 a couple weeks ago and did not have a problem with electrical contact. As a preventative measure, I installed a small block of rubber (as suggested in other treads) and the switch works fine. The KL1/FB1 is a great combo for my EDC; I like the bezel-down pocket clip feature.

wquiles

Flashaholic
To get the Vital Gear bodies in the US, check with CPF member jcciv - John is definitely first class /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will

scuba

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
wquiles said:
To get the Vital Gear bodies in the US, check with CPF member jcciv - John is definitely first class /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he the person behind that SurefireParts on Ebay?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
scuba said:
[ QUOTE ]
wquiles said:

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he the person behing that SurefireParts on Ebay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

code09

Enlightened
Does anyone know if the KL1 will fit on the vital gear 2 cell body? as well, can you remove the clickie on the vital gear body?
Thanks

AW

Newly Enlightened
The KL1 fits on the VGFB2. Yes, you can remove the clickie but nothing else will fit on it.