Advice sought...

cifac88

Newly Enlightened
Hello! I used to visit these forums regularly a couple of years ago, but I've drifted out of touch since then. I'm looking for advice in selecting an LED flashlight and headlamp for my job. As a firefighter, I often work through the night in both fiery and soaking wet conditions with a lot of soot and dirt. I'm looking for a very bright, tough, compact light and headlamp that run on AA batteries. I had a CMG Reactor, but it has given up the ghost after serving me well.

I understand that many people are making 'modded' lights here as well: perhaps they'd be an option to consider? I'd welcome suggestions for good quality lights that won't cost too much, as I may beat them to death. Any help, suggestions, or offers of lights for sale would be most appreciated. Thanks so much!

Leif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
As a flashlight suggestion you might consider the UK 4AA eLED. It's probably as bright as your Reactor and will provide a good 10 hours of regulated light. It should stand up to any condition you find yourself in, being waterproof and, I believe, explosion proof. There are also accessories available for mounting it on a hardhat. This is a favorite light of many folks here at CPF.

Geoff