Need flashlight advice

buddiiee

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, its been a while. Im looking for a typical led flashlight for working on my car. Looking for something that takes standard AAA or AA batteries, and has NO GIMMICKY MODES, just on, and off like a normal flashlight. I dont need all of that silliness to be scrolling through every five minutes, plus its just more to break. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I need simplicity and reliability over all else.

Also, whered solarforce go? :(

I'm actually trying to replace a Solarforce L2T. I still have mine but I need another one and I can't find Solarforce any longer :( Those little Streamlight inspection flashlights are nice but I need something a tad bigger. I have a headlamp and it is awesome, but I need a hand held. Anyone have a simple on/off flashlight like the L2T? :)

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Simple, reliable, single mode AA/AAA = Peak, for me. You would want a custom fixed output (non-QTC) version.

_ _ _ _ _

Haven't seen any official announcements, but Solarforce has been having clearance sales for some time now (a couple of years maybe? )

Vemice

Enlightened
+1 for Peak Eiger. You can get it with single mode, choice of output, body styles and several metals.
Personally I like Mule heads but also have others. Truly well built and made in the US.
Here is one in raw aluminum with a Mule head and a copper with regular head with medium optic.
aRTGaaWl.jpg

66uMGVOl.jpg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumintop IYP
Coast G20

you have a new private message with more details

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the Streamlight Knucklehead for this use,it can attach on its own to the car in different ways and has enough battery power to be useful for a while while doing it.

2 modes and rugged as can be too.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
working on a car, you need a wide beam headlamp, cuz your area of work will be 1-3 feet away, and you need free hands, get yourself simple headlamp from home depot or a Walmart, look for something with over 100lm, energizer makes several of those models, they go for around 20 bucks, run on AAA. i keep this guy in my car, and it did come in handy several times, more than enough light for any task fixing a car.

Latest posts