key chain light

tb2776

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in getting the wife an LED key chain light, and one for me too. What would you recommend? Neither one of us want to add significant bulk to our keychains. I already have enough keys on mine that weigh it down. I just need one to light up a keyhole in the dark, whether it be a front door, or a car door.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost any of them are good. If there is a walgreen in your area check for one there.
They have or had a packaged one for $1.95 the other day and exactly the same light without the package on the same counter for $1.00.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I prefer Photon 2s. They're durable and they have both squeeze and constant on capability. They are also very small and light.

Penguin

Enlightened
If you're looking at nice keychain lights, i picked up a nice Photon Freedom off ebay. It's great! adjustable output, SOS, strobing. All that on your keychain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
tb2776, CPF member KevinL is selling some nice Photon II clones for $1.25 each over in B/S/T lights. That's pretty hard to beat. I've bought a dozen of them so far. I like them better than the $1.00 Countycomm lights that have been a longtime favorite around here. Heck, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of them. Welcome to CPF and flashaholism /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

tb2776

Newly Enlightened
Sent PM to paulr.

Thanks for the recommendations. This is a great forum.

mrme

Enlightened
I have one of the Inova keychain lights that runs on 2016 cells. Okay, I actually have 3 of them, but only one resides on my keychain. I find nothing can beat it for its combination of size, performance and durability. I have been using the same one on my keychain for over 3 years now.

What I really want is a little 1 AAA sized light with a Luxeon and Li-ion battery. A few people are making and selling them here. That would be NICE!

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't seem to make your link work, but is this the light?
I carry this daily, opposite pocket of my G2, soon to be L4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif..
Great little light!
PICT5834.jpg

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is the brightest keychain light I have seen.. I use it ALL the time, checking in on the kids, working... I had it apart and it is a single cell battery, fyi.
At the price they want I am going to plant them around the house for emergencies.. I lost my first one, replaced it then found it again, now I have 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I even caught my flashlight hating wife with it last night on a routine child check..

nrk

Newly Enlightened
Can anybody tell me where I could find the Garrity micro light? I went to the web site and they have links to several retails but I could not find the light.

Thanks. ;-norm

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend of mine picked up one of those Garrity LED lights and it worked for a while, but now whenever he pushes the button, it pulsates like a strobe light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

jsmn4vu

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Orion said:
A friend of mine picked up one of those Garrity LED lights and it worked for a while, but now whenever he pushes the button, it pulsates like a strobe light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Changing the battery would be a good thing to try...

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED going south, perhaps. One of the bond wires has broken, and is making intermittent contact. I've got a LED like that, very cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif