Is there a rechargeable possiblities with the M3?

ksshooter

Newly Enlightened
I thought someone said it would be possible to use some sort of rechargable batteries in the M3 is this possible. Also what is the duration, quality, runtime, etc etc?

ksshooter

Newly Enlightened
Sounds great and all but I don't see the end results if the High Output lamp works without double tapping? Also is there only one person to order these from?

I will be using this for duty so reliablity is of the most important to me. However if the Lo output lamp works 100% then it is still a go for me. Glad I found out about this here makes me deciding on a M3 so........much easier. Thanks a lot guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is one other. I am a little different however. I have not taken one dime of profit for myself yet. I have used it all so far to have new products created or in some way contribute to the community.

I didn't came here originally as a dealer to make a buck. I was here for several years before I sole a single item.

ksshooter

Newly Enlightened
Wow...fast responce you probably didn't see my edit. Sounds good Jon I will order from you then. I am basicly going to be using this light for duty uses therefore I need 100% reliablity can you get this with the Hi output lamp or not? Most of the posts that I have read in this short amount of time say it won't be 100% reliable you have to double click. You will still have my order if it is 100% w/ the Lo output lamp.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have an M3. That is the one big hole in my Surefire collection. The M3 does also seem to be the oddball of the bunch when using it with Pilas as well. FrenchyLed seems to have the best discription on use with the M3.

I can tell you that the person with the largest Surefire Collection of all now has Pilas, perhaps he will be able to soon provide guidance. In the C3, P9, 9Z, you just drop them in and they work. The L6 and M3 need the spring.

ksshooter

Newly Enlightened
Is this correct to say that using Pila's w/ the low output bulb+spring I will have good reliablity?

Topper

Flashaholic*
ksshooter, if you checkout Jon's website you will see Pila GL3 and the Pila GL4 good stuff. I do not have a SF M3
I got SF M4's C3 L6 Z3 L5 L4 G2/KL3 all work fine with Pila cells The L6 body with M4 head makes a M3T also works fine. No clue why the M3 is a problem, unless your dead set on that one take a look at the others might be worth your trouble.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ksshooter

Newly Enlightened
I am pretty set on the M3 I think it will fit my needs perfectly. I don't know if it's the price or what but it seems to be one of the least popular flashlights? My question is will I have good reliablity with the LO bulb and pila recharge batteries?

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are Set on 9v Surefires....and Surefires are fine lights, consider a C3. I think a C3 is a little cheaper than an M3 and has much of the same functionality.

ksshooter

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the Pila GL4 is a nice light a little longer in the length. The M3 is on the large side for me so I would go any larger. Thanks for the idea though is there any others that are comparable to the SF M3?

Topper

Flashaholic*
The the SF C3 is a keeper and will work with Pilas
as will the Z3 L6 L5 L4 as has been stated. If you drop the recharge then the best non SF or Pila (for me) is the SL T3 9volt very bright great throw.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mikjk

Newly Enlightened
Re: Is there a rechargeable possiblities with the

ksshoter,

buy with confidence from Jon, i did and everything went smoothly. (hi Jon...thanks again!)

as for the M3 and LOLA MN10 lamp assembly, it works 100% of the time for me with the PILA 150s batteries. no double clicking. i find that 125 lumens is quite sufficent for traffic stops and lighting up those dark places i need to see when away from my vehicle. make sure u have a smaller back up light though, unless u r going to carry the M3 on ur duty belt... if ur going to carry on ur belt, may i suggest the SOE M3 pouch. it is secured with a buckle clip, and although not fast, keeps the long M3 in place when u r running or dealing with that 'uncooperative' subject(s).

u will have to leave the M3 HOLA MN11 lamp at home since it will not light up for me (and others it seems) with the PILA 150s. double taps r definately needed on the tailcap.

another accessorie u might want is the Z58 'clickie tailcap'. very handy and allows constant on without twisting the tailcap... not as much fiddling around using fine motor skills.

stay safe!

Jon

wquiles

Flashaholic
Re: Is there a rechargeable possiblities with the

I have the L6 (same body as M3) and with the extra spring Jon sent, my L6 works perfect with two Pila 150S /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will