SHOT Show 2005 - Flashlight Review by Doug Ritter

GutWrench

Enlightened
Surefire is only releasing those three lights this year?? I expected more from them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif As they say "I guess you can't win them all"

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
After view all the new models coming out, I've come to the realization that after I payoff my truck, I've really got something to look forward to!

chiphead
--------------------------------
p.s

Great presentation Doug

TimAckerman

Newly Enlightened
Did you or anyone see the new Night-Ops GLADIUS???

From what i have read it is getting RAVE reviews by everyone who uses/sees/plays with it!!

What did anyone who saw it, think of it??

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: SHOT Show 2005 - Flashlight Review by Doug Rit

[ QUOTE ]
GutWrench said:
Surefire is only releasing those three lights this year?? I expected more from them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif As they say "I guess you can't win them all"

[/ QUOTE ]

Due to previous accusations of vapor ware as well as changes from concept to actual production, as I understand it, SF will introduce new product when it is on the shelf and ready for shipment. If the past is any indication, even this will likely result in back orders and seemingly vapor ware availablies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif A lack of "preview" doesn't mean that the year's line won't expand.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Am I reading this right? From the link, on page 4, it said the Proton King is 'Powered by a single AA battery of almost any type...The company is still doing testing, but expect the output to be an amazing 60 lumens, and the run time to be up to three hours on full power.'

1AA for 3 hours of 60 lumens? I know it is still 'under test' but it is just somehow too good to be true...am I dreaming or do we have a real winner in line!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

chanik

Newly Enlightened
The Proton will do 1.2W on a fresh Alkaline or NiMH and more on a Lithium. 3 hours is to half brightness as it is running the switcher flat out, as you might guess. The top rank Nichia Jupiters are ~50lm/W now.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: SHOT Show 2005 - Flashlight Review by Doug Rit

The claims of luminous output in this review are hilarious.
It was written by someone elso IMHO.
bernhard