check this out - looks impressive

L

LITEmania

yes. vehicletech is me. we use same URL in my signature.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... does anyone know the dimensions for the six shooter? *translated - will it fit in a Mag OAD or C head?* Takes 12V... would 4 CR123's fit the bill with something like this or would they be worked too hard? Being the newbie I am and looking for some quick advice, how feasible/easy/hard would it be to make a real wall of light blaster out of this thing with no access to machining equipment?

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Dimwatt. If I'm reading it right, the outside diameter is 81mm (just a hair over 3.2") which makes it way too big for a Mag head or even a Fivemega 3". With no way to move heat out to the air, I can't use the big plastic Ray-O-Vac in the garage for a donor housing either.
Dammit... so far, none of my bright ideas have survived round one of development. It's not easy being a newbie.
Hmmmm... maybe a Thor body could house the 12 ring, gas turbine DC generator, and liquid cooling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
why bother with rings of 3 watt led's in a thor

hid thor - the only way to go - dl35 = 3600 lumens
at 40 watts - total drawn from battery - regulated too.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehe... thanks Markdi, but I was just being silly. I was hoping the gas turbine would sound silly enough, but leave it to the CPF crowd to take it as a serious idea. You just never know what lengths someone might go to for a mod.
I'll come up with a workable idea one of these days... like a HID Solitaire... but only at say 2500 lumens for some extra runtime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif