Ubin in Lionheart

cy

Flashaholic
Ubin in Lionheart, UX1J or perfect for li-ion use. Output is WOW... at least 50% brighter!!!

ubin lionheart.JPG

ubin marks.JPG

UX1J VS TWOJ

bs ubin lionheart.JPG

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Raindrop

Enlightened
What do you think about putting one of those stars in an Li14430 ????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

~Greg

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
cy, you are one Sick Puppy - and I Love it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

They'd-a been the standard Bin had I found a big enough source...

cy

Flashaholic
TWOJ draws 1146 milliamps Vf = 3.501V
UW1J draws 1296 milliamps vf = 3.476V

both measured with fluke 87 using same 150A pila @ 3.981V off load.

cy

Flashaholic
just got back from doing some outside beam comparisons.

Ubin simply is amazing, all performance! no hype..

throw is aprox. same as TWOJ, but hotspot is 2X larger

Edit: UX1J does throw further due to brighter hotspot. it's just hard see difference in my back yard without a proper target.

jaids

Enlightened
Where did you get these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you got a lux reading between the old and new emitter? The beam shot is very impressive.

I'm going to have to put one of the U bins with a Wiz2, MicroMag, 14500, reflector set up tonight.

Or, maybe, a Lionheart. That would be easier and faster.

stein

Newly Enlightened
cy,
How much should I send you for one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
...throw is the same as TWOJ, but hotspot is 2X larger

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Is the die larger? You using the same optic? So a U bin has a different distribution pattern than a T bin?

cy

Flashaholic
under 10x magnification die apears to be identical. using same reflector, hotspot is 2x size of TWOJ with identical throw.

doing an integrating ceiling test, output is greatly increased.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If the throw is identical, you are saying that these two LED's being compared would have the same lux reading. Very interesting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

The ceiling test certainly is in line with a U flux compared to a T flux. Ceterus paribus, I would have expected similar beam shapes but more intensity of light in both the reflected spot as well as spill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
say ya had the money for 10000 units could ya buy em or say 1000?that would be cool

jaids

Enlightened
Yes it would raggie. Henry from HDS mentioned that LED's and their brightness fall into a normal bell curve. What the standard is now(the middle of the curve) determines how many of these awsome bins there are. If the S flux bins are the normal bin for Luxeon III's, then there probably aren't 10,000 U flux binns available right now. Probably with the recent and continuous improvements LED's eventually U bins will become readily available and as easy to obtain as an S bin is today. Chop I belive mentioned that you needed to buy at least four reels of 100 to get lumelids to discuss certain bins

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man there slowwwwwwwwwwwwww.i wish they would hurry and release me lol or better yet v bin lol