Vote for LED Flashlight of the year?

Forge

Newly Enlightened
My 1st place would have to be the Inova X5T. I have bought a TON of those for me, my family, and extended family.

My 2nd place would have to be the Arc LE. Who in this newsgroup doesn't have one? LOL!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

1 Vote for the ARC LS.

2003 will see an even better LS, so I'll probably vote for it then, too
smile.gif

Forge

Newly Enlightened
I really have lost my interest in Luxeon Star flashlights:

1) They are WAY too expensive.

2) The LS2/LS3 LED is said by Peter to only have 500 hours of life at the full 2 watts so Peter is trying to run them at 1.5.

3) The battery life is just awful as well.

Honestly, if the Luxeon Star's have that little longevity with both the LED and the battery, why not just get a regular flashlight at 1/10 the price?

I fear that in this new direction, the LED community is losing its way.

James Van Artsdalen

Enlightened
Originally posted by Forge:
Honestly, if the Luxeon Star's have that little longevity with both the LED and the battery, why not just get a regular flashlight at 1/10 the price?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Reliability. Color. Spot shape.

Forge

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by James Van Artsdalen:
Reliability. Color. Spot shape.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">500 hours != reliability

krept

Newly Enlightened
toss up - X5t and Ultra. Leaning towards the ultra for runtime, brightness and AA battery... gotta say that I still have not had to change out the factory batteries on my X5T after months of use.

WaltH

Enlightened
I must submit the Newbeam. Completely flat regulation, standard batteries, and a 4th LED to let you know when you've dropped below regulation voltage and need to replace batteries.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad Boy 500,
1w LS regulated to 500mA, blinding and $57 with tailswitch and MiniM*g. OK, it is not a stock light so...
I would say the light would have to be a LS for the high powered ones, that is progress. My Batonlite with 3 regular LEDs is a joke compared to a regulated (slightly overdriven) LS.
As far as stock ones go, whatever one uses a LS, regular batteries (AA) CMG Reactor is only $24 and fits the bill

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
PaLight Workman: Affordable, durable, good throw, finder feature, simple one hand operation, compact, anti-roll, can stand upright, accessories available, automatic shutoff, non electrically conductive case...
icon14.gif

Free

Enlightened
I am tempted to vote for the X5T or the KL1 but when it comes down to it the ARC AAA LE still is the best little light around
smile.gif

DEFENDER

Newly Enlightened
I vote for CMG Infinity-Ultra

1) AA battery is available around the world.

2) Affordable price, no harm if you lose it
or get damage.

3) Bright enought and long running time.

ac

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The Year's not over yet. Can I wait another week before I vote?
grin.gif

- Don

robstarr-lite

Newly Enlightened
my vote is for the Arc LS -

( the version that used all 3 battery holders )

giving me the freedom to use it in the neat 123 small config or the double AAs'

and i realy liked that single AA option too

that Arc LS version ran for hours!!

( & it still does )

Destroid Monster

Newly Enlightened
For the time being, it would be my CMG Reactor and Infinity Ultra....

I guess I'm lucky to have a white LS for my CMG Reactor....my frz have a grennish urine-tint in his.

EuroBeetle

Newly Enlightened
hi guys, a new guy to the group,but not to flashlights,i must vote for INRETECH_AA
adapter for the lowly minimag.not the opalec newbeam, have both not even in the same league. it breathes new life into minimag. had an arc ls, impressive for 100 bucks. buy 5 aa inretechs for 20 bucks apeice, now thats impressive!

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
I vote for:
1: Elektrolumens 5W cyan mag blaster! A brilliantly bright torch...all the great capbilities of a mag but with serious power!

Pocketable torch: The prize has to go to LED club for thier incredible value-for-money keychain torch w/lithium cells!

Of the torches I've made myself:
BT2 Cyan... small, pocketable and reasonably Bright. Usually is my EDC. Most popular EMPOWERTORCH product so far!

Of the torches I've modded:
Blueross 4033. The reaction I get from people when they see this torch is incredible! Great as a preventative anti-attack device! Pity it hasn't got a strobe circuit...now that would be fun! However, the mag style switch does allow you momentary action... brief flashes are possible... enough to spook a prospective assailant!
Matt.

dangee

Newly Enlightened
once waynes sandwich mod is installed, it "IS" the flashlight. my vote will go there. oh yea that picture of me below cracking into a bank safe is using an arc aaa le. another vote there. ok so it looks like im using a d cell mag. i just grabbed that from my buddy who took the picture. actually the mag is off and the arc is held next to it. he said it might look funny if all that light was coming from my hand with no visible flashlight. (some kind of photographer composition thing) surely he said no light that small can produce so much light
icon14.gif