LED module for Mag 2D?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Does anybody make an LED drop-in module for the Maglight 2D model? I got one of these for Christmas and was sorely disappointed with the performance when compared to my other lights. I checked Inretech's website and the closest they had was for the 3D. Would this one work?

thanks
Snow

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snow,
An easy way to do it is this little trick that many CPF members use, 3 C cells in a 2D Mag. Go to a hardware store and get a piece of 1" OD PVC, check to see that it fits snug inside the light. Your 3 C cells should fit snuggly inside the PVC pipe. That way you can have the 4.5V required by the LED drop in module.
Will that work for you?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ok I've got another question. What is a collimated beam? Is that like a focused beam? I'm trying to decide on which adapter would be best.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could use the InReTECH TriLight in your flashlight, but to get the full brightness - you need 3 batteries

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bright too, x-ray.
wink.gif
That Versalux is brighter than you might think in a 2D configuration. I think brightness with those has to do with the batteries internal resistance: dimmest on 2AA, brighter on 2C, and brightest on 2D. Alkalines only with the Versalux, though.

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
No brighter than my Photon 3, which is a bajillion times smaller.
tongue.gif
You'd probably have 2 months of continuous runtime...seems kinda rediculous unless you live in VERY remote places where batteries are hard to come by.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you still want to use 2D cells, there is the Versalux PR-2 LED bulb (single white nichia). I have one in my 2D Mag (my only Mag). I get a super tight focus with it. Certainly not as bright as even one Luxeon Star (properly driven), but very useful in its own right.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
A single nichia in a 2D mag, I bet you get a good runtime
smile.gif