nite-ize leds

emrbrtn

Enlightened
They look pretty nice. I'd be willing to buy one to test if I knew where to get them.

junior

Enlightened
man niteize is fast! I read in a blog that niteize was to come out with that this year! Its already on their website! I know a lot of other companies that take quite a long time to update thier website! I might have to buy one and see whats up with that. The only thing that concerns me is that momentary switch looks a lot like the ramline switch which a lot of people have complained about. Might not matter if it is a combo and is priced affordably.

Also, i made my 500POST !!!!!!!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
@junior
In my experience about 1 out of 3 Ram switches on average is a dud. But if you get a good one with low resistance and NO flickering, you'll like it.
So, always buy at least two, just to make sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

happy #500 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Wonder why the text says that it has three leds but the picture seems to show four leds. They also show the led packaged by itself. No prices on the web site and none of the links that I looked at (2-3) show the led yet.

DaveT

Enlightened
Could the fourth apparent LED be a red LED to show low battery level, like an Opalec?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Xsavior.....your link shows the NewBeam dropin LED device. This thread is about a new to the market device, similar to the NewBeam.

Xsavior

Newly Enlightened
oh, sorry, i thought they were talking about the new product on the website, and that's the only one that i saw... my mistake.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be late to the party, but this really has my interest!

http://www.brightguy.com/detail_int.php?Sku=NTELRB07

$9 to upgrade a minimag to a worthy instrument?
Amazing.

It is a great time to be a flashaholic: MJLED's, Opalec clones (hopefully), UK4AALED, SL4AA Luxeon, Q3, G2, Twintasks, Dorcy AAA LED, etc.
Truly amazing bang-for-the-buck.

By the end of this year, I will have most of my family outfitted with LEDs of some sort.

Oh...maybe the RAM has been improved?
We can only hope...

Bob

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I bought one yesterday at a local military surplus shop. It is indeed the same as the Ram Instrument product reviewed in Phil's Martialist site. The module does remind one of the Opalec NewBeam, but think of this as a budget LED upgrade kit. Installing it is quite easy as all you have to do is remove the Mag's bulb and reflector and replace it with the LED module. Nite Ize should be commended for offering the masses an extremely affordable LED upgrade for the AA MiniMag. It's no TerraLux, but it's not a bad kit for $8-$9 bucks and it's only a matter of time before you'll see it being sold at Walmarts, other discount retailers, hardware/home improvement stores across the country. On a personal note, the tailcap switch supplied with the kit stinks. It has no clickie feature and feels flimsy. My suggestion is to keep the Mag's tailcap and just twist the head on/off or just use a Kroll (if you must use a tailcap switch).

Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure:

DSCN0752.jpg

DSCN0753.jpg

DSCN0756.jpg

DSCN0759.jpg

b170fda0.jpg

franken2

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmm! Looks like i may need to buy some more minimags. I like my Opalec and may buy these kits as gifts etc.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really want a oplec drop in but I just love the nite ize stuff! from those funky headband light holder's which i have used a lot, to some of there belt pouch's, all well made and useful.

The video's are hilarious too! nerdy, but so common sense.
You got to make sure to watch them! VDG

watt4

Enlightened
I just ordered a niteize led conversion kit for minimag from http://zbattery.com/.

I called niteize to see where I could buy. While I was on the phone with niteize, I suggested they send a kit to a couple of "our" review sites for evaluation.