I just got my micra and....

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, it has very, very good structure, great anodization, and nice size, however its clicky is really strenuous to my hand. It isnt that bright but It'll do for my EDC. Very good quality light!

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The_virus

Enlightened
Neat! The Longbow Micra might be my own EDC someday, I hope to get one this summer. I'll just have to try and find one locally if I can. I plan to get a bunch of accessories for mine too, I'd want the Eco tube for sure so I can run off cheaper AA cells if I want, and maybe I'd get a twisty cap if I'll be using it around water. Plus the booster head or whatever it's called would be nice...:) Basically I plan on making my Longbow one of my most versatile lights, changing to meet demands.

That clickie cap may loosen up a bit with use.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew you would like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif you could use it like a twisty by turning it on, and twisting its tailcap so that it turns off. Just operate it by twisting it and voila! you need a clicky just use it like one, need a twisty use it like a twisty. BTW, you will get used to the hardness of the clicky. Also, you can adjust the button by adjusting the brass sleeve on the clicky. First, unscrew the tailcap, then push out the clicky spring-first. you will have a kroll with a brass kind of sleeve that screws into the threads of the kroll. screw it downwards away from the rubber boot and the clicky is more sensitive, screw the sleeve upwards toward the boot and the clicky is harder to push.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, my next "investment" will be the boosterhead. Any experience with the boosterhead?

-David

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
well, it has very, very good structure, great anodization, and nice size, however its clicky is really strenuous to my hand. It isnt that bright but It'll do for my EDC. Very good quality light!

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The switch will get less stiff with use, as the gentlemen before said. Glad you like your Micra, it will serve you well.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few questions if you dont mind.

1. Hows the tint?
2. Does it stand on end?
3. Hows beam quality compared to say an E2e (if you have one)

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, well, the tint is a nice white, it does stand on end, well its hard too compare a LED light to an incan, but I would say the micra has the same or better. There are no visible artifacts. I hope the boosterhead makes a difference because throw is limited.

-David

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
yeah, well, the tint is a nice white, it does stand on end, well its hard too compare a LED light to an incan, but I would say the micra has the same or better. There are no visible artifacts. I hope the boosterhead makes a difference because throw is limited.

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

A micra that has simalar beam quality to the E2e /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Looks like got a pretty much perfect micra /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
thesurefire said:
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

A micra that has simalar beam quality to the E2e /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Looks like got a pretty much perfect micra /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've NEVER seen a micra with beam quality like an E2E. Different animals.

You cannot get the smooth sidespill with the factory install optics of the Micra. It just ain't happening my opinion says. All of my Micras have noticable artifacts.

I think the real throw fans do not pay as much attention to artifacts in general, while the other side of the coin (beam quality geeks like myself) are more sensitive to artifacts. This is just what my opinion says, your miles will vary.

Niteowl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
WallaceD said:
Now that you have the Micra, you should get a reflector and UCL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheapo, Wallace is right, the reflector and UCL are highly recommended....I was quite impressed with the results.

That said, I've put it in B/S/T. If it doesn't sell I won't mind, it's a nice light. Between the mod and getting a twisty for it, I was reluctant to list it.

Mark

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had a Micra for some time now and it has been a very
reliable light, I do like the ECO tube as it can run from AA's
and the runtime is much better

jojo

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I'm very new in this forum , can you please tell me what EDC is standing for.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Micra DOES NOT have e2e beam quality.. It has the typical high dome 1-watt LED look, but not the perfect circular incandescent look..

-tom

Lumen

Newly Enlightened
I've edc my micra with ucl and reflector and I have to say that it has been very worthy. Mine looks like an L4 beam but with only one watt of power. Anodization is very high quality, mine only has superficial scratches from edc. Great light.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, E2E doesnt have too good beam quality, but for an incandescent, its good. My micra is just a wall of light, no artifacts, and the beam quality is very hard to know. But it isnt bright enough for me, boosterhead is what I need.

David

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
Well, E2E doesnt have too good beam quality, but for an incandescent, its good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh... are you sure you're talking about a SureFire E2e?

Every E2e I've seen has had an absolutely flawless beam.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, more or less, but E2E is no better in beam quality as PM6.

-David