LionCub or HDS Ultimate 60?

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm torn between these two lights. What advantages does each have over the other? I like a clip that can be hat-brimmed but the LionCub seems to have lots of features. Which is smaller?

Any unbiased input would be greatly appreciated. Of course, I could buy both but why have both when you can have 2 of the better choice?

Thanks,
Jeff

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey pitbull,

First of all I have met and dealt with and like Henry and I even own one of his EDCs so this is not biased, it is simply fact -

1) the LH clip enables the LionCub to be hat-brimmed OR carried bezel up OR bezel down (the clip is a two-way device due to its elongated "S" curve design).

2) Henry will hopefully be making his light for a long time to come, while I am but a humble hobbiest and the present Cub run will end right after the last of the remaining 23 are sold.

3) Going by resale prices after my past projects were sold out, you might be able to pick up a used one on e-bay for only a little more than the new one you can get right now...

See? No bias.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Nice talking to you at PK'd SHOT Show party, BTW.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The urgency to accuire a LionCub before it's too late has triggered my OCD. Yeah, in other words, I ordered #43 Black. I'm weak. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Will the stock LionCub be brighter than the HDS U60?

Whats the bin of the LionCub going to be? NO MORE SECRETS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

I hope the Cub gets it's own clip in the future. The fact that it can be hat-brimmed pushed me to get it before it was too late.

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Nice talking to you at PK'd SHOT Show party, BTW.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That was YOU?!?! Someone said you were Mr. Bulk's brother and I believed them. I would have picked your brains and blabbered with you more if I knew. I'm a sucker. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Jeff

nethiker

Enlightened
Seems to me that a major difference between the two is the promised Lion Head attachment. I thought you had to give up throw if you wanted a small light, the Lh was a pleasent surprise.

From what I've read, the HDS is more difficult to upgrade the emitter than the LC.

Of course, perhaps the most important difference is that the HDS doesn't come with the chance at purchasing a "ST".

Don't mean to knock the HDS at all. I've got one on order as well. I imagine I will enjoy trading off which one I carry. I expect the HDS will be more of a replacable workhorse light, and the LC a light to be taken care of more as a limited edition (irreplacable) custom light. Don't get me wrong Charlie, I plan to use it well, just not hard.

Greg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
charlie has a few clones perhaps it was one of them.good choice on the lc. i own 3 mr bulk creations and love em all

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
Yeah Jeff, I purposely used that name tag the other Jeff/TedBear made especially for me - just so's I'd have time to get at some food.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't afford a LH,LC or ST, since i have a HDS I very happy with it. I will be getting an ultimate too.

I would desperately love a bulk light, but it's hard to get one, and or afford one.No bash on MB, just how a limited run light is.

for me the HDS EDC is a great product too, and very close to a LH in performance. And since i know that it will be available to anyone any time, for me is important. (example: I can save for the ultimate were anyone's limited production light that reqiures payment before shipping or to hold your place in line i difficult for many)

Henry has said a few times his light's will alway's use the best possible component's, and be upgraded as better LED"s, part's etc, come along and he has other light idea's in the future that could define the pinnicle of LED edc's.

If the the LC i signed up for had stayed the same price I would have done what i could to get one. (i mean anything, I wanted one so bad!)

I truly hope that bulk will in the future, make a typical killer light that will stay in production, that can be purchased/ordered anytime. Truly I do!

But till then, the HDS is imho as good, came to market late but just perfect with no issue's, and though not cheap, can be ordered
when you are ready for it. VDG

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
Jeff,
You know this line is coming right?? Get both and show us the beamshots later! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Dandrop said:
Jeff,
You know this line is coming right?? Get both and show us the beamshots later! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
...the voices in my head are talking to me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
Yeah Jeff, I purposely used that name tag the other Jeff/TedBear made especially for me - just so's I'd have time to get at some food.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ohhh, sneaky, sneaky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeff