cool colored LEDs - pics

Kiessling

Flashaholic
hi there !

just for your amusement I am posting a few pics of non-white LEDs and some cool effects. as I didn't know what to make of each one for itself, I just posted all of them together in an absolutely fun-only thread with no real-world applications at all.

1. a giant 10mm orange LED modded in a LedLenser V8

I just bought it for the fun and put it into a V8 (no modding necessary, with that little light you can just slip the LED in ...). now it is sitting there, filling the whole head of the poor light with its bulky body and ... an eery orange glow:

fcb1f91b.jpg

but the real fun is the beam:

fcb1f91f.jpg

like a burning cross with an astonishing throw for a LED this weak.

2. 5W Royal Blue

after a fierce battle of my R/C Leopard II main battle tank against some empty water bottles I was missing some of the tank's ammo: little 6mm plastic beads ... lying somewhere on my carpet. can you spot them?

fcb1f902.jpg

and now, watch this with the royal blue on:

fcb1f8ff.jpg

they were glowing like little yellow suns!!!! so here we have a real use for the royal blue: collecting lost ammunition and protect our families (from stumbling over it)and becoming casualties of a plastic war.
BTW: the water bottles won the battle, my tank had to be sent in for a replacement. and don't say anything about the quality of German battle tanks!
smile.gif

3. Eternalight RavenII Spectrum Power !!!

we all agree that the Raven is a waayyy cool light, but what happens when you hold it in front of a linear obstacle, say a pen or something similar, twist it a little so that the different colors are (partially) blocked above and below?
look:

fcb1f90a.jpg

a rainbow in your room! with all the possible variations if you turn it a little. the only annoying thing is the auto-shut-off feature, disrupts all the romantic moods ...
show this to your wife / finance minister, and she will instantly become a color-flashaholic!

fcb1f906.jpg

thanx for looking !

smile.gif

bernhard

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
kiessling...cool pics! Thanx for sharing...

PJD

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Bernie,

Thanks, I like this kind of stuff!

(not that I have any free time or anything, though...)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
grin.gif

do not worry, Charlie, I think I have harassed you enough for Mr.Bulk originals ... you may rest now
smile.gif

bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I was just thinking that I read too much about "whiter, brighter and meaner", while the coolness of colored LEDs is forgotten ...
bernhard