Smith & Wesson Luxeon Flashlight Combo at Costco

sotyakr

Enlightened
Re: Smith & Wesson Luxeon Flashlight Combo at Cost

At least to me, those flashlights look like they might be related (same manufacturer) to the 2 for $28 lights that Costco has (had) been selling for a while, and discussed at length on this forum. The S&W label probably doesn't mean much since there's other stuff (such as watches) brand licensed with their name.

drizzle

Enlightened

Thanks for the comments. I should have been paying more attention to CPF all along. Now I gotta run out to my local Costco and see if I can still find the $28 pair of flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
chevrofreak said:
S&W branded stuff tends to be junk, and at that price they arent really worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this will be the exception. I look forward to a review of these.

sotyakr

Enlightened

drizzle, you may be able to find them selling for less than $28, as it appears Costco has discontinued these lights and have recently been seen going for around $20. Keep in mind that most CPF'ers (myself included) have found that your chances of getting an equally good pair of lights in a pack is slim. In other words, of the two pack, (in terms of tint and beam quality) one light is usually better than the other. But, for $20-28, they're still a great deal!

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
chevrofreak said:
S&W branded stuff tends to be junk, and at that price they arent really worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I had a S&W 3" folding knife as my EDC for a while. The paint came off really quick, and random screws would fall out about once a week. Eventually the blade fell off and I chucked it into the river.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

drizzle

Enlightened

I understand sotyakr. Thanks to your previous post I found the other thread so I have a very good idea of what I would be getting. As you say, for the price it's hard to go wrong with them.

I'm still curious about this package though and, like LightObsession said, I will look forward to seeing a review from someone more adventurous than I am.

Update: My Costco (Aurora Village for those in the Seattle area) still has a few 2-packs left. I bought 2 2-packs at ~$18 each. Thanks again sotyakr! I'll post on the other thread with my impressions.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'll concur with the other people in this thread that Smith & Wesson flashlights tend to be over par (yes, that's bad).
That doesn't mean their new Luxeon offering will be bad too, but one should at least be aware of the possibility.

SubtleIrony

Newly Enlightened
Judging by the picture, these lights look almost exactly like the Costco 1 watts... except for the color and the extra area for the S&W logo. I wonder if the switch has been improved... if so, it would be a good platform for mods...