Wolf-Eyes Canada still in operation?

eyeQ

Newly Enlightened
I'm in Ontario, and I'm trying to evaluate the Wolf Eyes 6, 9, and M90 series for my techs.

Anyone know if Wolf Eyes Canada is still in operation? The site is still up, but all emails to Mr. Yucheng bounce. A whois search doesn't provide an alternate email address.

TIA.

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
I never did try to contact the Canadian distributor, but I can tell you from experience that jsburlys.com, who deals in the full line of the Pila version of Wolf Eyes, is a VERY stand-up guy (see Group Buys and Passaround area re the 2 GL3R Passaround threads). Further, another very stand-up dealer is batterystation.com, which sells a limited number of Wolf-Eyes (I have ordered their own brand of 123A disposable lithium batteries from battery station 3 times now, and have been very happy with the service).

Parcels of almost any kind from the USA take about 2 weeks to get to me here on the Prairies. The Bank of Canada has a really good currency exchange calculator site, which helps me work out my costs. Canada Customs WILL check and calculate duties payable, but so far they have only been GST, PST + $5 handling.

I have been using a GL3R for over a month now, and it is still going strong on its first charge. I have a white (ok, more blue) LED tail cap that I use a lot when checking vehicles and documents, so that helps extend the life of the cells.

Or, if you have a 3 C Mag, buy 2 Pila 150A or 168A cells, a Pila charger, and a 2 pack of KPR112 bulbs. Cut a chunk of garden hose the length of 3 C batteries, split it lengthwise, slide in the Pila cells, find a bolt long enough to make up the difference in length and add some washers and nuts for spacing, slide the bolt/nuts/washers into the hose chunk, slide the whole thing into your Mag, and you have a relatively inexpensive, rechargeable, far-brighter flashlight.

eyeQ

Newly Enlightened
Actually I've emailed jsburly's and batterystation several times each with questions and have never heard back from either one. Shortly thereafter I learned of the Canadian office, so I emailed him several times, and as stated in my previous post, he also never replied.

Thanks for the intersting Mag mod!

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
That has been my experience with JSB as well. I sent one email and on PM here asking for product information and he didn't respond to either message.

Bright Scouter

Enlightened
Jon has always been great to work with for me also. I know there were a couple of stretches where either he or his girlfriend were sick and he got backed up on emails. He is a one man operation. But he has always provided me great service. I would give him another try.