Mc E2S questions

Phil_B

Enlightened
Can anyone suggest the "correct" resistor value (for use on a L4)to look for in a Mc E2S tail switch to get a similar effect to a L1 Hi/Lo.
My L4 shows a distinct green hue on a single cell but that's no bad thing for a light I want to use to keep a little night vision.

Next question. What's the part number/description of the Mc E2S that has the switch protector flare/candle mode end?

Finally,if the runtime is one hour on high,what's the (generic) runtime for low on a SF L4?

Thanks for the help,I missed these threads when this was discussed I think.
Phil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
the best thing for you to do is go to the MCgizmo forum and ask him. he will tell you what you need and you can order direct from him.

doug

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Here's the tailcap iterations of the Aleph-Tailcap, all housing a McE2S module.
The FT (flat top) caps have a "hair-trigger" switch.

Alephtailcaps-primary-new.jpg

The resistor values are between 15 and 30 ohms in general, depending on the batteries used in your L4.

For further info, please visit the ALEPH-FAQ which is a sticky thread in the McGizmo forum.

bernhard

X33

Enlightened
I use a 30 Ohm with an L4 with PILA 168S. Sort of hard to compare the amount of light to anything. Never tested the runtime on low. Hope this helps a bit.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
I have 3 McES2s......15,22,and 30 Ohms

With 2 regular 123s I have found the following results when used on my L4:

15 Ohms...... not much difference
22 Ohms...... just right for my tastes ( seems a lot of people like this one)
30 Ohms...... a little too dim for me

Sorry I dont have an L1......yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif but have thought of one running around in my mind.

Aloha

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My McE2S tailcap has a 22 ohm resistor in it, and I find that to be quite appropriate for the L4.

From my McE2S web page, comes the following measurements:
KL4 on "high": 500,000mcd
KL4 on "low": 52,400mcd

JanCPF

Enlightened
If you plan on running your L4 on Li-Ions (Pila 168S) you should choose a lower resistor value for the McE2S. I use 10 ohm in mine and find it very good with Li-ions.

Jan