Dorcys gone???

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I just read some old posts about Target having all the Dorcy stuff on sale. I have checked all the ones close to me and now find they do not appear to be selling Dorcy products at all anymore.
I really did like the AA version as I used that board for many mods. Does anyone know if Target plans to not ever sale Dorcy again? If they will not can anyone tell me where I would be able to find the AA Dorcy 3-LED for about the same cost?
I always wondered why WalMart sold the AAA version and never the AA version. That AA board seems to run a Lux pretty well if it is tweeked a little and it comes in a nice small shape...very handy little item.
Thanks for any help with this.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
It was mentioned in one of the threads that K-Mart had Dorcy's at a slightly higher price. I haven't checked K-Mart to see what they have.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
last I checked kmart had the AAA dorcy for about $10 and the 1AA version for around $16 I think. A bit steep compared to Targets and Walmart pricing. I have a feeling walmart didn't want the other dorcy lights due to competition in the price ranges of those lights with their other stuff, there is a lot of lights around 10-15.00 there and few LED lights around 5-8.00 where the dorcy AAA is.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Yesterday I spotted the Dorcy 2AA 4 LED in Ace Hardware. I think it had the Ace name on the packaging. Seems like they wanted about $20.

Geoff

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I think $20 is just no longer a good deal with the costco lights for $15 with luxeons in them and the elements at sams for about the same price. You could also track down an xnova version with 8 LEDs for closer to $14 or less.