Probably Getting Peak Matterhorn

Azndude51

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, this is my first post on these forums. I'm looking for a bright, small, water ressistant flashlight to put on my keychain. I've looked through the LED Museum and Flashlight Reviews. I think the Peak Matterhorn will be the best. What are some other flashlights I whould consider? How long does it take for them to ship when I order it from their website?

Azndude51

Newly Enlightened
I don't mind the price that much as long as it'll last me a long time. I looked at the Sonic, and like the LED museum reviewer said, it looks like a "dog urinator," so I don't really want to get that. Too bad they don't make the Infinity Ultra in AAA form.

Azndude51

Newly Enlightened
I finally ordered my Peak Matterhorn yester, I got the ultra lug style with single snow LED. I can't wait until it comes. I just found out that they custom build each flashlight for each order they get. That's prettys sweet.

powerfuldark

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Azndude51 said:
I finally ordered my Peak Matterhorn yester, I got the ultra lug style with single snow LED. I can't wait until it comes. I just found out that they custom build each flashlight for each order they get. That's prettys sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like saying there's an ice cream parlor in my town that custom builds each cone to order. You may have some romantic notion of a village smitty hand forging an ingot into a rough product, followed by a host of tedious processes resulting in your final product, but in reality it's no more elaborate than the aforementioned "chocolate or vanilla" scenario. In fact, each time you change the battery you will, in essence, be exactly duplicating the original "custom build".

Don't get me wrong- you're getting a really cool light, by all accounts.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
see thread on the matterhorn. I and serveral other's are very pleased with the the new 1XLED 1xAAA light. If you need it to be really bright get the 3LED verson, but as a 1xAAA
it's very very bright, but the runtime will be shorter.
Just need to know your preference's. VDG

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened
I have the 3LED Ultra version, so I can't speak directly to the 1LED version, but if it's anything like my 3LED you'll LOVE it! I am so thrilled with my Matterhorn... I can't stop taking it out of my pocket and turning it on! I've been looking forward to when my wife goes to bed for the last two weeks just so I can run around in a dark house with it!

Wait, is that something I should be proud of?...

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 3-LED Hi-Power (not Ultra) version. According to the ceiling-bounce comparison, it puts out about twice as much light as my Arc AAA. The LEDs on the Matterhorn have a narrower beam than the Arc's LED, so the difference in apparent brightness during use is even greater. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Azndude51

Newly Enlightened
I just got it about an hour ago. It is VERY bright and a very nice flashlight. I was using a Maglite Solitaire temporarily and the Peak blows it away in almost every possible way.

Check out this gallery of some comparo pics that I made for a forum on another site.
Peak vs. Solitaire