Life's annoyances

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Life\'s annoyances

Every coffee shop should have an express line for people who just want coffee. I always wind up getting stuck behind the people who want a double-halfcaff-lowfat-latte-expresso-abcdefg-e-i-e-i-o. It takes forever for the server to run from one part of the shop to the other, making all sorts of loud teeth-curling noises with heavy machinery in order to make up this multifaceted concoction. It always happens to me when I'm in a hurry and I just want to get a cup of coffee and get the heck out of there.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Life\'s annoyances

That's why I like Wawa. You get your own coffee just the way you like it because you make it yourself. If you want to make a "double-halfcaff-lowfat-latte-expresso-abcdefg-e-i-e-i-o", you can do so without disturbing other people who just want a plain black (or whatever else).

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can I post my annoyances here? Oh what the heck. I hate when a teacher is picking on me and only me for like the entire period. Its like they hate me or something. I also get frustrated when the tint of a flashlight does not appeal (right word?) to my tastes.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

In restaurants, every table should have 2 things. A napkin dispenser, and a call button for the waitress.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
...I just want to get a cup of coffee and get the heck out of there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you ever heard Denis Leary's rant on coffee from his CD "Lock 'N Load"?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No I haven't. Is it a rant against all of the fruu-fruu coffees?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Big_Ed said:
In restaurants, every table should have 2 things. A napkin dispenser, and a call button for the waitress.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear, hear.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

PW, same.. in a similar vein to your original post, I'm surprised by the supermarkets in my area, more often than not they DON'T have an "express lane", or the express lane is closed (then what's the point of having it?)

As such, picking up a couple of items becomes a mind-numbing exercise in waiting for the one in front of me who is trying to do the next year's shopping all at one go with a cart that would do a survivalist and their "year's supply of food" proud.

Closer to home, standing in line at the post office - it is quite amazing to see people spend 15 minutes puzzling over a simple form when they need to send an item. Firstly, it's courtesy to step out of the line when you need to fill in your form, even if you don't want to get the form ahead of time and fill it in before joining the queue (nobody will object if you ask for the form before joining the queue). I don't expect everybody to show up with laser-printed envelopes and forms like me, but at least stop holding up the whole damn queue..

PS: I would be extremely grateful the day my local postal administration allows me to laser-print my own postage labels and stamps (the only reason why I'm queueing, to get it weighed and stamped) from home, that way all I need to do is throw it in the nearest postbox. Unfortunately no, we do not have the equivalent of endicia.com here.. not yet at least.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I hear you, Kevin.

Along a similar line, people who stand in line at a fast-food restaurant yakking with their friends or babbling on their cell phone, and when they finally get to the front of the line, THAT'S when they start thinking "...now what do I want..."
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

So few folks use cash, even for a few $$ worth of merchandise. I almost always use cash because it only takes seconds to check out and get moving. Of course I often get stuck behind idiots fishing for their check books, doing the balancing act and THEN writing out the check. That, or they can't find their credit card for a $3 purchase and then it doesn't work. Can't tell you how many times the regular check out lane was faster than the "express".

Idiots who drive slowly in the left lane specifically posted against that very practice. Idiot drivers who must wait until you're almost to the intersection before they pull out when there were no cars behind you, not yielding right of way, forcing you to hit the brakes, and then drive under the speed limit in an area where you can't pass. Bring back the public stocks and stonings.

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
Ev. It always happens to me when I'm in a hurry and I just want to get a cup of coffee and get the heck out of there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use the extra time to check out some of the more interesting folks that populate the average high end coffee establishment.If you"re really in a hurry-try McDonald's,the coffee is not bad at all.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
MrTwoTone said:
Use the extra time to check out some of the more interesting folks that populate the average high end coffee establishment.If you"re really in a hurry-try McDonald's,the coffee is not bad at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually McDonald's coffeee is one of my favorites - when it's fresh. One thing they don't understand at McD's is when to throw out a pot of old coffee. I've been served some real sludge at times.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No I haven't. Is it a rant against all of the fruu-fruu coffees?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, in typical Denis Leary style, he gets all stressed out about Mochacino, Frappacinos, Crapacinos...when he just wants a stinkin' cup of black joe! You really need to hear it to appreciate it...though his mouth gets quite out of control.

I've always been one that believes you really don't have to have a foul mouth to be funny.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
I've always been one that believes you really don't have to have foul mouth to be funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zackerty

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
I've always been one that believes you really don't have to have foul mouth to be funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AND amen to THAT!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened

Actually McDonald's coffeee is one of my favorites - when it's fresh. One thing they don't understand at McD's is when to throw out a pot of old coffee. I've been served some real sludge at times.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to fall back on an old tech solution to the problem-a thermos bottle.Then make your coffee the way you like it,and enjoy it when you want. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fru fru coffee shops-- I hate 'em. If I can't get what I need somewhere else, I'll go without.

Empath

Flashaholic

It generally does take a bit longer, but I think with some experience it can get faster and smoother. The stores seem to like them, probably because one checker can monitor several at a time instead of one customer at a time.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Self check out lines can be convenient at times, but I think of the folks who are losing their jobs becsause of them! If I have a choice, I'll wait in line for a real person!