anyone likes eating at Carl's Jr?

PhantomZ

Enlightened
anyone likes eating at Carl\'s Jr?

does anyone here like eating at Carl's Jr? No you say?? maybe this'll change your mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
http://www.carlsjr.com/home
too bad canada doesnt have one here. for some reason i feel like crossing the boarder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
i just saw this on tv a few mins ago~

rscanady

Enlightened
Re: anyone likes eating at Carl\'s Jr?

id eat that burger, not a big paris fan, but she is smokin in that clip

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd have to install Macromedia Flash to see the link. Is it really worth it?

I've only seen Carl's Jr. in California. Many many years ago they sold apple turnovers that were almost as good as mom's apple pie. The last time I was there I didn't see them. The hamburger was good though.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

In my neck of the woods it's called Hardees (bought out by Carl's Jr.). They do make a good burger. The problem with Hardees used to be service and consistency. I don't go there enough to tell if that's improved since the buy-out.

Geoff

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Never ate at Carls, but my favorite parking place is right next to one. Never tempted to go in, though.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

my favorite from carl's is the sante fe chicken sandwich and the fried zucchini with ranch sauce.. mmm..ranch sauce..

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Their pastrami burger and Swiss crispy chicken sandwich are really good. I just looked at their website and didn't see them listed though. I wonder if it's one of those "test market" items?

Haven't tried the Paris Hilton burger "yet" though! I wonder how "spicy" it really is? I'll be trying that either tonight or tomorrow.

BTW, on their site (above link) you can find a coupon that can be printed for a $1 off any Six Dollar Burger (that's just the name - price actually varies). It expires December 2005 - so keep printing them and save a few dollars if stopping by.

Anyone notice the "trend" to escalate the price of burgers at all of the burger joints? Even Burger King has some here in Alaska that cost $8! I WILL NOT PAY $8 FOR A BURGER AT A FAST FOOD JOINT!! (Well if a LOT of sides - read a MEAL - are included, maybe...but I'd rather spend my $$ in a restaurant once we start approaching those prices for a burger!)

I can buy a whole pound of lean beef for several dollars less and grill several burgers that are much better at home...ahhhhh - the "price of convenience"!

Watch the flick "Super Size Me" for a <font color="red">"REAL EDUCATION"</font>.

"Quotes" from the "Super Size Me" website:

Each day, 1 in 4 Americans visits a fast food restaurant

In 1972, we spent 3 billion a year on fast food - today we spend more than 110 billion McDonald's feeds more than 46 million people a day - more than the entire population of Spain

French fries are the most eaten vegetable in America

You would have to walk for seven hours straight to burn off a Super Sized Coke, fry and Big Mac

In the U.S., we eat more than 1,000,000 animals an hour

60 % of all Americans are either overweight or obese

One in every three children born in the year 2000 will develop diabetes in their lifetime

Left unabated, obesity will surpass smoking as the leading cause of preventable death in America

Obesity has been linked to: Hypertension, Coronary Heart Disease, Adult Onset Diabetes, Stroke, Gall Bladder Disease, Osteoarthritis, Sleep Apnea, Respiratory Problems, Endometrial, Breast, Prostate and Colon Cancers, Dyslipidemia, steatohepatitis, insulin resistance, breathlessness, Asthma, Hyperuricaemia, reproductive hormone abnormalities, polycystic ovarian syndrome, impaired fertility and lower back pain

The average child sees 10,000 TV advertisements per year

Only seven items on McDonald's entire menu contain no sugar

Willard Scott was the first Ronald McDonald - he was fired for being too fat

McDonald's distributes more toys per year than Toys-R-Us

Diabetes will cut 17-27 years off your life

McDonald's: "Any processing our foods undergo make them more dangerous than unprocessed foods"

The World Health Organization has declared obesity a global epidemic

Eating fast food may be dangerous to your health

McDonald's calls people who eat a lot of their food "Heavy Users"

McDonald's operates more than 30,000 restaurants in more then 100 countries on 6 continents

Before most children can speak they can recognize McDonald's

Surgeon General David Satcher: "Fast food is a major contributor to the obesity epidemic"

Most nutritionists recommend not eating fast food more than once a month

40% of American meals are eaten outside the home

McDonald's represents 43% of total U.S. fast food market

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast

Didn't someone else make a movie where he did the same Supersize Me thing except he only drank diet drinks, and he LOST weight over one month? I thought...

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am, evidently, weak-minded and highly manipulable by the mass media, because from the first moment I saw a six dollar burger commercial, I drooled and dreamed about it ... until the day I tried one. How something that looks so good could be so tasteless, I dunno. I taste all the condiments, just not the meat. I've seen a few "fast food burger-offs" where they came to the same conclusion as me about the six dollar burger, and it gratifies me to know that my taste matches the hoi polloi.

My advice is to skip it, regardless of how good it looks.

Joe

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
Joe Talmadge said:
...snip...
My advice is to skip it, regardless of how good it looks.

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Negeltu

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
nerdgineer said:
Didn't someone else make a movie where he did the same Supersize Me thing except he only drank diet drinks, and he LOST weight over one month? I thought...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm not sure it was a movie, but he did do that. Not sure if he lost weight, but I heard he didn't suffer any of the effects mentioned in that documentary/movie. White sugar is pretty bad for ya. I cut it out a long time ago. Mostly to protect my teeth. You stop craving it after a week or two. Xylitol is a great replacement that is actually GOOD for your teeth and helps protect them against decay.

rscanady

Enlightened

I really dont think this thread was exactly about Carl's Jr, maybe more the underlying theme behind their new commerical, I could be wrong but.....

Ryan

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
rscanady said:
I really dont think this thread was exactly about Carl's Jr, maybe more the underlying theme behind their new commerical, I could be wrong but.....

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, I retract my advice about skipping it no matter how good it looks. Nay, I double retract it!

Joe

emrbrtn

Enlightened

I find Hardees burgers quite tasty... Maybe its just Carl's Jr

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
Joe Talmadge said:
[ QUOTE ]
rscanady said:

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, I retract my advice about skipping it no matter how good it looks. Nay, I double retract it!

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I said

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

above

I thought you had done a deliberate double entendre