stoopid question - how to change bulb in SF e2e?

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
Played around with it, can't seem to get the bulb out and the owners manual says squat. How do I get this out? Needlenose pliers don't seem to work....

NetMage

Enlightened
Re: stoopid question - how to change bulb in SF e2

Do you mean the light assembly? The bulb doesn't come out of the light assembly (plastic disk with bulb sticking up) - you replace the light assembly.

This guarantees alignment of bulb. Part number would be MN03 I think for an E2E.

Grubbster

Enlightened

Not a stupid question. The bulb is part of an assembly. Unscrew the bezel and the light assembly drops out. You must buy a MNO3 to replace the original or an MNO2 for extended runtime with slightly decreased output. They are available from surefire or on ebay. Some people have experimented with replacing the bulb from the assembly but I believe it is a pain.

twentysixtwo

Enlightened

thanks for the info but I still can't figure it out - When I unscrew the head, nothing comes out, even with hard tapping and needle nose pliers!

Do you mean unscrew the bezel from the head? I can't get that to budge...

litho123

Enlightened

Nope -

Unscrew the head from the body.
You might have to bend a paperclip to just hook it around the edge and gently tug it out.

Remember - only the bulb on a disc pops out...not the reflector.

There shouldn't be anything for needlenose pliers to grab!

rycen

Enlightened

pics before and after

DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0235.jpg

DSCF0236.jpg

DSCF0237.jpg

twentysixtwo

Enlightened

Thanks for the pic - mine must really be stuck in there or something as it won't come out with any reasonable amount of force......

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast

Possibly it has become canted sideways and got hung up on the threads? try pressing it back into place while turning it...ummm, clockwise I think. I don't actually own an E2E so that's all I can think of to help.

JackBlades

Enlightened

I just went and got my E2e from the glovebox and opened it up. The lamp assembly drops right out. I don't see how it could hang up on anything unless it was glued or melted in there. Does yours rotate freely? If not, the bulb heat may have melted/swollen the plastic collar in the reflector bore. If this is the case, grab the base with a needle-nose plier and twist until it turns, then carefully pull on it as you twist. It should come out with no damage to the reflector.

Hope this helps.

twentysixtwo

Enlightened

It doesn't appear canted and it really doesn't have enough timeon it for anything to have melted.

It does turn more or less freely. I tried to grab the bottom metal contact with needlenose, but when it came off (I noticed a wire attached to it) I decided to post here in the forum to see if this was nermal.....

At least now I know that it is supposed to come out, Will try again tonight with some tape on the plastic legs.

I wanted to get the LA out so I could put some glow paint on it.........

twentysixtwo

Enlightened

ok, finally got it out - looks like there's some crud on the post what fits into the reflector hole. I'm not so sure I want to put that glow paint on this now since I don't want to glue this darn thing into the hole!