Pelican M1 beam improvements??

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have both the new M1 and M3 Pelicans and both have horrible rings on the outer edge of the corona.
I was playing around with the reflector attempting to swap out the factory reflector and noticed that when I removed the bezel and left the factory reflector in place the beam was much better.
It seems that the artifacts and distortion is due to the bezel or even the o-ring or lens. If anyone has one of these will you try to remove the bezel and shine it on the ceiling with just the reflector in place. I am curious if this is unique to my lights.
I am not sure how to repair this problem as the only solution seems to be a different bezel and not the reflector as I first thought.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Sorry but I forgot to add that my M1 has had the original low dome swapped out and now uses a TWOK. This did help a little but it still has a fuzzy outer ring with some distortion on the edge of the corona.
It looks like the factory lens and o-ring protrude into the beam pattern when the bezel is screwed on tightly. I am now attempting to fit a M6 LED reflector inside the M1 however it just does not work. It sits much lower and the bezel can not screw down far enough to hold it secure to the base of the luxeon.
I am determined to make this M1 what Pelican should have done from the start. I think this light would be much better if I can find a way to make this distorted beam smooth.