read this if you want a little pick-me-up

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw that on dateline a few years ago. Thats what I call profit sharing.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Talk about recognition..

turbodog

Flashaholic
There was a good in-depth article in engineering news record on this a few years ago.

It said that everyone expected pink slips when he sold the company and called everyone in for a special meeting (on like a Saturday or something).

He already had the checks printed and gave them out one at a time in one-on-one meetings. The people (80 of them) he wanted to give a million dollars to, he actually had to give about $1,500,000 to take care of taxes. He wanted them to have a million after taxes.

One employee went on to say that after this he went home and hid in the garage for hours. His wife, fearing that he lost his job, finally came in after him. That's when he showed her the check.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow!!! I missed that one and usually read quite a bit. Although being the extremely rare example, it gives one hope.

Here's a guy who walked the walk. So many employers will admit that their employees are even more important than the customers, but far too many treat the employees like dirt.

Unfortunately, recent court determinations and our government's policies will encourage further gouging of employee benefits and wages while reducing worker's, safety, rights and protection. Is it too early to suggest being an informed voter?