What a traffic nightmare this will be!!!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You reminded me of a season of Gotham, I think the character's name was "The Toymaker".

BTW, there are some people demonstrating in NYC right now that would likely be happy to oblige you on the chopping off of your head...reattachment to another body, not likely though, sorry. 🥷
Meh, there's always some ignorant, mentally diseased lunatics protesting something in this worthless joke of a city. Heck, our mayor is their leader.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cosworth and Duckworth are almost synonymous. And yes, those gear driven cams sound fantastic; unique, like desmodromic valves.
I love the sound of a racing engine. I used to have a CD of different engines at speed, called "open pipe symphony". My wife thinks I'm nuts… my son understands. 😊
+

begins & ends with one of the best engine notes, the V10 Audi/Lamborghini engine

Sorry, no EVs'_________:dedhorse:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can appreciate the EVs for what they are, and the tech advances.
My son agrees on the V10. Personally, the twin plug, normally aspirated flat six(or twelve) is the best! Another distinctive sound.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

The mid engine RSR that was in IMSA (GTLM class) a few years back and in Europe sent shivers down my spine every time it went past me at RA.
Those are now gone.

Likely my favorite car of all time
hard to see the massive diffuser out back

1699838315203.jpeg

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

begins & ends with one of the best engine notes, the V10 Audi/Lamborghini engine

Sorry, no EVs'_________:dedhorse:

Reminds me of the slot cars that my late brother and I played with as boys back in the late 1960's, early 1970's. There was even a business in town that had a slot track that you could go into and race slot cars. I never went in there, so I'm not sure, but I think they had larger cars than the home tracks had. I don't know when that place went out of business, and that is the only one of its kind that I have ever known of. Anyone else have a slot car race track business in their city?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I truly hate traffic . We have non here thanks god . Always some person who makes us miss are traffic light by them being on there phone or etc etc..

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Reminds me of the slot cars that my late brother and I played with as boys back in the late 1960's, early 1970's. There was even a business in town that had a slot track that you could go into and race slot cars. I never went in there, so I'm not sure, but I think they had larger cars than the home tracks had. I don't know when that place went out of business, and that is the only one of its kind that I have ever known of. Anyone else have a slot car race track business in their city?
In my town a game room was converted to a slot car raceway for a time. Don't know how long it lasted though. My kids used to frequent a nearby comic book store so I'd peak in the window from time to time while they'd purchase Pokey-Mon stuff.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If it exists in the world, it exists in NYC:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
In my town a game room was converted to a slot car raceway for a time. Don't know how long it lasted though. My kids used to frequent a nearby comic book store so I'd peak in the window from time to time while they'd purchase Pokey-Mon stuff.
Not so Fun Fact:
Pokemon creatures are the reincarnated souls of dead children.
No, not joking.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
There were 2 nearby places with tracks like this that I went to in '65-'67. I started out with my Dad racing box stock Cox Chaparral slot cars, then evolved into all-out pin tubing, blow mold bodied lightweight racers with custom rewound high rpm motors and low ohm controllers. I mainly ran a Ford GT40 body as I was a glued to the Ford vs. Ferrari battle going on at that time.
sct.jpg

Shortly thereafter I discovered high school girls, '60s muscle cars and cruising and well, adios slot cars...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Kind of off topic but last night some guy ran the red light big time . I was pissed at first till I saw the car in front of me turn on his blue lights must of been a unmarked car then I couldn't stop laughing

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

These are Eastern times, you get the idea-
F1 smarts

o_O-o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 16

• Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix Opening Ceremonies, Las Vegas; 12:30 a.m., ESPN2 (L)
  • Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix Practice 1, Las Vegas; 11:25 p.m., ESPN2 (L)

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17

• Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix Practice 2, Las Vegas; 2:55 a.m., ESPN (L)
  • Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix Practice 3, Las Vegas; 11:25 p.m., ESPNU (L)

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18

• Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix Qualifying, Las Vegas; 2:55 a.m., ESPN (L)
  • Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix - Grand Prix Sunday Prerace Show, 11:30 p.m., ESPN (L)

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 19

• Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix Race, Las Vegas; 12:55 a.m., ESPN (L)
  • Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix Race, Las Vegas; mindnight, ESPNews (S)

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think if I lived in a big city, I might have a new hobby. After watching Monocrom's video, I was curious when it was posted, so I looked at it on youtube--it was 5 years old. BUT, then I saw one posted 3 months ago. Lookin' good! :D

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently 5 years is downright Ancient by modern-day standards. :LOL:
Yep. Take 3-6 months not driving through a central business district, then go drive through, or better yet, walk it, and you will be amazed how much has changed. Businesses come and go so fast, I can't keep up in my little town. 'Course, I don't get out and about like I used to back in my prime, but still, CHANGE is constantly happening. Look how outdated your 5 year old cell phone/notebook pc/laptop/flashlight/fill in the blank tech is now. Look how much a child changes from day 1 to age 5, it takes your breath away how quickly kids change. The older you get, the perspective on time is that it speeds up. Inflation doesn't help. I saw a Jitterbug lure on Craigslist priced at something like $20 or $25 last night. I remember selling those when I worked in a discount store sporting goods department back in 197_, er, 198_, nevermind, it was a long time ago, and they were common and cheap back then, but maybe Arbogast went out of business, and they are collectable now. IDK. Maybe I need to go through my tackle box, and put the contents up on ebay and get rich? :crackup:🤑

Life is strange.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Shopping district, 20 blocks away from my apartment.
Idiotically crowded every single day. Lived in my CO-OP apartment for the last 21 years. Seriously, with one exception, not a single store/shop has changed in that shopping district since I moved in. Heck, you'll find the same con-artist pan-handlers working the same corners from over 20 years ago too down there.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Mmmm, I don't know. Maybe 20 years or so ago, but nowadays, with all the medical progress we have made in trauma medicine due to the GWOT, they just might be able to save them. And with the brain implants that Elon Musk is working on, perhaps walk and function again. Today's technology is amazing.
Musk is also heavily into following research to slow, stop, even reverse aging. So am I for that matter. It makes sense. With Musk's wealth, he would need to live millennia to spend most of it. The breakthroughs may well happen in our lifetimes. So long as you make it to the point where they can stop aging, you might still be around when they'll be able reverse it.
Sadly, we're not at the point where nano technology exists. Nor can they give folks a full cyborg body. Robot everything, but controlled by a human brain with personality and all retained memories. Though personally, I'd love to get my head chopped off and reattached to a cloned organic male body. Mid-20s, body-builder with a 6-pack of abs., bulging muscles. Huge, everywhere.
It'll happen, probably sooner than we think. Once we put AI towards solving problems like this, we'll have exponential progress.

I have ideas for my own new and improved body. Maybe enough aerobic capacity to be able to pedal a bike at highway speeds. 🚲

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I know it's a silly concept in a video game, but I'd love a cloned, scientifically produced organic body. Just lop off my head and attach it to one of those. The tats I could live without. But a small price to pay for a new lease on life. After all, if cars can be outfitted with new parts, even a full frame-off restoration; how cool it would be if we could do that with human-beings. Stuck in a wheel-chair for the rest of one's life? NOT ANYMORE!

Women can have the bodies they always wanted too.