PAYPAL what a disgraceful company

Bob2650

Newly Enlightened
Very curious to me that the greenies and other such mindless drone like operatives such as the current owners of PayPal do not understand that their position in the movement is analogous to Hitler's Brown Shirts. After they succeeded in bringing Hitler to power they assumed they deserved some sort of power sharing relationship so Hitler had most of them executed as traitors.

Crazy aspect of it is that I am personally for taking good care of our planet but the greenies are doing much more harm than good with their loony tune policies on carbon and/or man made warming, and unfortunately a long list of stupid things to waste time on which only distract from ideas that might actually help the planet.

This is not just some crazy mental cases but a mass hysteria of half the population. From their point of view, the sane people are the crazy ones therefore nothing the sane people say can be taken seriously.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Crazy aspect of it is that I am personally for taking good care of our planet but the greenies are doing much more harm than good with their loony tune policies on carbon and/or man made warming, and unfortunately a long list of stupid things to waste time on which only distract from ideas that might actually help the planet.

This is not just some crazy mental cases but a mass hysteria of half the population. From their point of view, the sane people are the crazy ones therefore nothing the sane people say can be taken seriously.

Agreed. Problem is, the fake news is trained, and paid, to go along with the climate hysteria. The whole "solar farm", "windmill farm", "electric vehicle" craze has as many negative effects on the planet as it has positive effects. It may not do much more than destroy our economy. Most of the other largest countries on the planet are doing very little to participate in the green craze movement. They "say" they are at the summit meetings, like India just did, and then privately admitted that they're not really. China and India are building coal fired plants at a fast pace. USA sells much of its coal to China.

Look up the video "A Climate Conversation" for a common sense look at climate change.

Paypal "goods & services" is the only way to go. It's the only way to get buyer protection. As mentioned above, I'd offer to split, or pay the fee if the seller absolutely wouldn't, or not do the deal.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to absorb the fee when I had transactions with them. Sometimes on the buying end the seller who I bought from absorbed the cost. Sometimes not.

I broke ties with paypal when they openly declared they could halt service if they didn't like your stance on certain issues. Broke ties with shopify for the same reason. I told 'em both "it aint none of your dam business if I like peanut butter on my bacon or if I voted for Tim Buk Too for dog catcher, good bye".
You put PEANUT BUTTER on BACON?! :eek:
200.gif

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very curious to me that the greenies and other such mindless drone like operatives such as the current owners of PayPal do not understand that their position in the movement is analogous to Hitler's Brown Shirts.

Environmental Conservationists in good conscience would not clear pristine forests in order to build solar/wind farms... native species are not expendable, and yet we have activists proclaiming green credentials advocating just that 🤪

Galane

Newly Enlightened
Environmental Conservationists in good conscience would not clear pristine forests in order to build solar/wind farms... native species are not expendable, and yet we have activists proclaiming green credentials advocating just that 🤪
Search, clearing old german forest for solar farm, to find one more way the 'greens' are crazy.
They've been all "save the forests" for decades but now forests are just impediments to be ripped out to install solar panels.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't need to search for such madness, it's happened locally as well... I believe there is a difference between Conservationists and Environmentalists, one at least attempts to understand the ecosystem, the other pursues activism seemingly for virtue over comprehension.

Last edited:

yearnslow

Enlightened
They're cashing in on the gamble that when global power is consolidated they'll still be at the feeding trough.
They own the trough, globalisation can't happen without the cooperation and agreement of the banking system.
The people us mortals have contact with in financial institutions, are just pre-programmed robots.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
They own the trough, globalisation can't happen without the cooperation and agreement of the banking system.
The people us mortals have contact with in financial institutions, are just pre-programmed robots.
Yeah, the people close to Stalin thought that they were safe, too. He cleaned house, murdered numerous innocent people just to be sure he got the ones plotting against him. This happens over and over in history. Hitler was smart, he had his people all competing against each other and back-stabbing each other to keep them from conspiring against him. But, usually, they eat each other. Game of Thrones was a great example of power politics.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
"Conservationists"

Haha! What happened to "save the whales"? Just watched another segment on Newsmax about all of the whales getting killed from the construction of the off shore wind farms. Not to mention screwing up our New England fishing industry, which is filing lawsuits. Good luck with that. What's the old saying, "ya can't fight city hall"? Too many big dollars being passed around with the climate change fear mongering.

As a Realtor, I'd expect to see some coastal properties getting sold for CHEAP as the oceans rise, but no, the politicians are still buying them up. Biden paid 2.7 million in CASH for his Rehoboth Beach, Delaware house. Well gee, isn't that going to be underwater soon?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Biden paid 2.7 million in CASH for his Rehoboth Beach, Delaware house. Well gee, isn't that going to be underwater soon?
It's impossible to know what the left really thinks, until you watch what financial moves they make. None of them believe any of the coming ice age / global warming / climate change crap, they only saw a way to harness emotions and fear.

Galane

Newly Enlightened
Yes, and the most telling line of all was "would watch the realm burn if he could be king of the ashes."

This thought continued in the next post...
Perfectly shown in the character of Octavia in "The 100" when she set fire to the bunker's farm then was going to unleash killer worms on the only habitable valley left on Earth. Willing to literally burn the world because everyone wouldn't kowtow to her.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's impossible to know what the left really thinks, until you watch what financial moves they make. None of them believe any of the coming ice age / global warming / climate change crap, they only saw a way to harness emotions and fear.
We mortals look at things through a prism that makes sense to us. But keep in mind whenever hurricanes destroy coastal areas Uncle Sam pays to repair the damage. That's why the wealthy are buying up ocean front property.

All across America there are monuments that are used as benchmarks to determine elevations of the continent. Every 10 years those monuments are adjusted based off sea levels. An elevation of 1' means that spot is 1' above "mean" sea level. The average of low tide and high tide. They are checked because they move downward as the earth's rotational gravity pulls them down. Some of that information is being used to show the oceans are rising but it's the monuments sinking.

I know this because I saw a man walking at various places in my town with a measuring wheel and a gps device a few decades ago. I asked him what he was doing one day. He told me he was monitoring the changes in the monuments.
They use satellites these days.

Yup, when my street was built in 1960 the elevation was 115' above sea level. It's now shown as 114.5' above sea level, not because the ocean changed but because the monitor point has sunken into the ground six inches since 1960. Points built on rock have not changed by the way.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
We mortals look at things through a prism that makes sense to us. But keep in mind whenever hurricanes destroy coastal areas Uncle Sam pays to repair the damage. That's why the wealthy are buying up ocean front property.

All across America there are monuments that are used as benchmarks to determine elevations of the continent. Every 10 years those monuments are adjusted based off sea levels. An elevation of 1' means that spot is 1' above "mean" sea level. The average of low tide and high tide. They are checked because they move downward as the earth's rotational gravity pulls them down. Some of that information is being used to show the oceans are rising but it's the monuments sinking.

I know this because I saw a man walking at various places in my town with a measuring wheel and a gps device a few decades ago. I asked him what he was doing one day. He told me he was monitoring the changes in the monuments.
They use satellites these days.

Yup, when my street was built in 1960 the elevation was 115' above sea level. It's now shown as 114.5' above sea level, not because the ocean changed but because the monitor point has sunken into the ground six inches since 1960. Points built on rock have not changed by the way.
Yup! I agree. If one studies archeology or metal detects, or studies geology, you know that objects sink into the ground over time, and dust is built up/layered over time.

Other things that cause elevation changes are done by hoomins. [sic] For example, my driveway apron was layed down in the 1970s, and at that time was level with the asphalt road. A couple of years ago, the city put a layer of asphalt over the road, and now my driveway is below the road. Really difficult to get out of my driveway the other day with all the snow and ice bladed into my driveway. Hard to get up over the ledge onto the road, spun the tires quite a bit. I would say that road is now about two inches higher than my driveway. :( They could have at least put a little ramp up to it on my driveway... :mad:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
PayPal is like Capitalism.... The worst example of its kind out there, except for literally all the others that exist.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Perfectly shown in the character of Octavia in "The 100" when she set fire to the bunker's farm then was going to unleash killer worms on the only habitable valley left on Earth. Willing to literally burn the world because everyone wouldn't kowtow to her.
Sounds like a perfect role model for the people who peacefully protested across the nation a couple of years ago.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
PayPal is like Capitalism...
Yeah, there's nothing that can't be corrupted, but at least capitalism is innocent at it's core; it's selfish individuals who will take advantage of any system set in place, and if you want to see them get even worse, just let them establish communism. They've got grand dreams of enforced equity for all of us.
Just ignore it when you see the decision makers with special freezers for all the best ice creams, which they benevolently enjoy, in our stead of course.

Toulouse42

Enlightened
We only got to see series 1 over here. Later ones just were not offered, but I do understand the concept. Some people would rather destroy than share.