WHERE'S MY RAW !?! DELAYED 2 WEEKS?!? ARRIVED!!

jmy808

Newly Enlightened
WHERE\'S MY RAW !?! DELAYED 2 WEEKS?!? ARRIVED!!

Has anyone else suffered from a delay receiving their ORB RAW as I have? I live in Honolulu Hawaii, ordered my Raw on June 21st, and STILL have not received it. I have emailed Orb several times with no return email to me- WHAT TO DO !?!
Regards,
Jay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

EDIT: added "DELAYED 2 WEEKS!?"
EDIT2: added "ARRIVED!!"
Arrived but w/o extra battery (probably accidentally overlooked)
It is a GREAT light! All that I hoped it would be!

sld

Newly Enlightened
Re: WHERE\'S MY RAW !?!

I ordered one on June 22 and it's still on back order. I'm surprised about you not getting a reply. I have received a couple of replys to emails I sent to Rob and both have been very prompt, like the next day or so. Received the last one was last week. He said they were going to try and ship the backorders in a couple of weeks.

Best wishes
Steve

jmy808

Newly Enlightened

Hi sld,
I also emailed Rob at least twice, without reply. Not sure what the problem is, I was not abrasive but pleasant (IMHO) in my emails. I will give them 31 days, then reevaluate my position.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Jay

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just sent the 3rd reply to you Jay,
Its says:
Sorry for the delay,

We will dispatch all back orders in the next 2 weeks.

Many thanks
Rob

I do not understand why you are not getting these replys.
Like I said sorry for the delay all back orders will be posted within two weeks from today 18th July.

jmy808

Newly Enlightened

Hello Rob,
I have checked my CPF Msg Box, and gmail, and found an email from you dated a few minutes ago. That was the only one I received, yes, don't know what the problem is with the system.
Thanks for the update.
Regards,
Jay

jmy808

Newly Enlightened

Rob,
What bin code will those of us that are on back order be getting?
Thanks,
Jay

beam_me_up

Enlightened

Just wanted to drop by in this thread and say i've also emailed the orb people have not received a reply. If I ordered a RAW now how long would it take to get it, and can I be assured a U-BIN ?

jmy808

Newly Enlightened

Rob,
What bin code may we expect to receive on "back-ordered" Raws?
Jay

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe it's out lookin for a extra battery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif just kidding! VDG

jmy808

Newly Enlightened

Yup BMU,
Got a PM frm Rob, confirms the TWAJ bin.
Thanks Rob.
Jay

sld

Newly Enlightened

Is anyone receiving their RAW or are they all waiting on some part/process to be completed. I know it does not really matter, just something to chat about while we wait.

StanTeate

Enlightened

My RAW was about 2 weeks late. I checked the mail date and it was mailed on the date they said it was. It was in transit the whole time. So it is not unusual for the post to be extended. Nothing wrong with checking with the mfg either. Once its in the post, kinda hard to get tracking unless you pay for special shipping.

Robban

Enlightened

Was it really necessary to add that extra thing to the title? Rob has confirmed that it will be delayed (before you added that), no reason for the shouting and exclamation points and all...

jmy808

Newly Enlightened

Robban,
I added the "extra thing to the title" because it took so long for word on my purchase. I felt that had I not inquired I would still be in the dark on it's whereabouts. I had also emailed orb.com several times but with no reply from them. As for the "shouting and exclamation points and all", I was not shouting. When I create a subject line or a reference line, I capitalize the subject matter in it.
Thank you for your concern.
Regards,
Jay

Robban

Enlightened

Well the reason I reacted was that on the internet capitalizing is the same thing as shouting, it's part of the "netiquette" and is considered rude if not used correctly.

I take the internet too seriously *goes out and looks at the sun for a while*

jmy808

Newly Enlightened

Yes, I know about shouting and netiquette online. The body of my posts are never capitalized, don't want to offend anyone.
Jay

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm from the old school; I also perceived the all caps title with multiple exclaimation marks and lots of question marks as emergency, shouting and screaming.

I guess I never learned the new net etiquette.

I don't know where your RAW is.

sld

Newly Enlightened

Jay,

I received an email from Rob that my RAW shipped last Friday. As we ordered about the same time, maybe yours is also on the way. Hope so.

Steve

jmy808

Newly Enlightened

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the info, at least you got a heads-up. I am still in the dark...counting the days...
Best Regards,
Jay