Cabela's 3watt Luxeon

edwardv

Newly Enlightened
Cabela\'s 3watt Luxeon

I went to the new Cabela's in Austin, Friday and picked up my first 3 watt Luxeon led light. I got it from the clearance bin for $64.09 list. I am impressed, a good bit better than my Costco 1 watt's. The light is under the Cabela's brand and uses a single rechargeable li-ion battery. A Nitefox LC-1865 3.7V 2000mAh unit. The packaging lists it as 65 lumen with a 3 hour burn time, and it comes with both 110 and 12 volt chargers. It has a very bright central spot with a slight purple tint to the center. The spot is very tight, about a third the size of the spot produced by the Costco units, with a brighter and smoother spill as well.

Cabela's has more than 20 other types of flashlights for sale with over half of them being led units. However the other flashlight that really intrigued me was a 12 volt Xenon light using 4 CR123A's. It was listed as having an output of 240 lumens. Does anyone have any details on it; like how long does the bulb last and how fast does it go through batteries?

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cabela\'s 3watt Luxeon

Thanks for the review. I have the xpg 5 watt and its just a square beam flood light. I was thinking about the 3 watt recharagable one, but put it off for fear it too was the same flood beam.

I didnt know they sold a 12 volt light, must be something new they offer that is not in the catalog?