Diamond LED Light

Tritium

Enlightened
www.flash-lights.com is advertising a 3W 190 lumen for the Mag light in a banner ad on this site. Is this a K2 Luxeon and if so is the K2 now available for us to play with (drool)? I don't see them at Future Electronics yet.

Thurmond

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thurmond,
No it's not the K2 it is the 3W for 3 cell C/D maglites but with the red/orange color. Hit the drop down bar to see the colors. I've been tempted to buy one just to see if it's really 190 lumens worth of brightness!
John

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have one of the red/orange LED things on the way, but I do not own or have access to an integrating sphere; the instrument necessary to measure light in lumens.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig,
Even without the sphere, just let us know if it "looks" to be 2 1/2 times brighter than the white 3w. We trust your naked eye evaluation!
John

Mark2

Enlightened
I had one of these in my shopping card, but then I found out that they charge almost twice as much for European customers... (shipping not included!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
john2551 said:
Craig,
Even without the sphere, just let us know if it "looks" to be 2 1/2 times brighter than the white 3w. We trust your naked eye evaluation!
John

[/ QUOTE ]
As soon as I receive it, I'll do that comparison for you, but please realise that commparing a red/orange and a white will be rather difficult, as the eye will not perceive white and the red/orange wavelength the same.

The meter may not lie, but the human eye just may. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif