Received the updated HDS clip today

sbebenelli

Enlightened
Thought I'd post a picture of the updated clip for the HDS EDC light. As you can see it looks so much better and it is made from spring steel so it don't bend like the original one.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clip looks nice. Do you use the clip? I've lost 2 knives that were clipped inside my front pocket, so I'm a somewhat leary of trying that with an HDS. Though one could secure it with a lanyard.

best regards

LowWorm

Enlightened
Thanks for the pics.

You know, I thought I wanted one of the new clips until I realized that it wasn't just the material of the old clip I disliked - it was the design of the clip, too. I don't know, it just seems to add bulk to the HDS by sticking out so far.

Personally, I wish the design were something more along the looks of the clips on the Surefire L series or even the McLux PD.

TorchMan

Enlightened
It is nice to get the pics. I'm gonna have to look for/start a what color is your HDS thread, because mine is green/gray color.

Mine was one of the last ones to ship with an old clip. It doesn't look or feel all that fragile. I'm not a fan of clipping lights, I've picked up several from inside the vehicle seats, floor or chair/couch where I was sitting. Plus I could probably scratch the lens easier on seat belts, tight spaces. I've not even put it on the light yet.

My HDS stays deep in my pocket, where I can pet it and mumble "my preciousesssiss". Just finding it on the floor or seats would send me to a hospital, and someone else would have to call an ambulance for me with the shock of thinking I had lost it...

My clip isn't on my HDS either. I'm not sure it ever will be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dtsoll

Enlightened
I'm gonna use mine as an attachment for a wrist lanyard, didn't really trust the original clip!! I don't clip the light in my pocket either, carry it in a Ripoffs CO-37, works great!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I use the clip although I don't feel comfortable doing it. I've got a holster but don't like wearing it. You guys who have it in your pocket isn't uncomfortable? I've tried it and the light goes sideways in the pocket and feels uncomfortable. Any other options I don't know about?

TorchMan

Enlightened
I've never put it in my pocket with the clip on it, I will get around to it but that seems a good way for it to snag and rip the pockets, and comfort is an issue. It does lay sideways usually, but I also have a cell phone in that pocket and together it stands, most of the time. When I don't have the phone in my pocket, nothing but the HDS, I don't really know it's there. Keep in mind though that I have "deep pockets" or great tolerance. I can carry my Streamlight Twin Task 2L and it's not a bother. Things that are sharp, like keys have really bothered me. And due to my job, man I got keys! With the clip's added bulk and potential for key like sharpness doesn't seem a good bet for down in the pocket. Without the clip it's so easy to forget it's there.

LowWorm

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
TorchMan said:

My HDS stays deep in my pocket, where I can pet it and mumble "my preciousesssiss".

[/ QUOTE ]

I wants it! Is it crunchable? Oh yes, my precioussss!

I feel like Golem, too, when it comes to my U60. Except I think my hygeine is a notch better.