SW02 tail cap - Still produced?

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Does Surefire still make the SW02 clickie? I couldn't find it on Surefire's site (I know, that doesn't mean much) or in the catalog.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
matthewdanger said:
Does Surefire still make the SW02 clickie? I couldn't find it on Surefire's site (I know, that doesn't mean much) or in the catalog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt:

Try the weapon lights catalog. You're right, not to be concerned that you can't find it. Surefire has loads of things that can't be found. I recently discovered Surefire still has the 6BL (6 volt baton light) in stock, although it hasn't been produced in a long time.

I've got a couple more SW02's (sealed), if you need more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oldgrandpajack

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
SW02, if you have a look at the 'photo gallery' section on special ops lights, there's an M3 wearing one.

I've just ordered one myself, from Matthews Sporting Goods (ebay auction)- link- ebay auction SW02

As I write this, there are 2 left. I think Lighthound occasionally has them too, Lighthound SW02 and so do a few other internet retailers- Do a Google search, you can find them! SW01 as well, although I prefer the look of the SW02.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

matthewdanger

Enlightened
hmm I didn't know there was an SW01. I'll have to check that out.

OGJ, I checked the weapon lights catalog as well. Thanks, if I decide to get another, you're my go-to-guy.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The SW02 is a current item.
The SW01 was discontinued (AFAIK)

Note that SureFire produces batches of components.
I guess the priority for scheduling the size and frequency of batches is based on demand from dealers and sales data.

Al

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I just did some snooping around and it appears that the SW01 is the same tailcap but in momentary switch form instead of clickie. It is ugly as sin but I like the feel of the SW tail caps. I'll have to track one down.

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
For those who haven't seen both:

SW01:

SW01forum.jpg

Fitted to the M3:
SW01onM3forum.jpg

And the SW02:
SW02forum.jpg

And again, on the M3

SW02onM3forum.jpg

I wasn't actually aware that the SW01 was not a clickie, so I'm glad I opted for the SW02, also, I think it makes the M3 look more streamlined, although I've ordered a C2 HA centurion to go with it as well.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks for the photos - they're excellent!

The SW01 and SW02 are designed for use on WeaponLights so that they could be rotated by operators under adverse conditions.

I think that the SW02 on the M4 gives a much better grip - retention and operation.

Al

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
RAF_Groundcrew said:
SW01 makes the M3 look like a medieval MACE !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it looked like a Futuristic WWI hand grenade... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Well I did some more snooping and it appears there are two different styles of SW01 tail caps!

There is this more subdued one:
sw0116lt.jpg

Then this more aggressive one:
sw0125eo.jpg

I wonder if these are really both SW01 tail caps or if they are two different models.

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Could just be a different model production date, remember how the M3 bezel changed from cylindrical with fins to the tapered one in current procuction- Same item, after 'continuous product improvement'.

Of course, knowing that there are two versions, the true collector would have to have both !!

matthewdanger

Enlightened
For those who like to put aluminum Surefire heads like the M2 bezel or KL3 on their G2, these SW tailcaps do a very nice job at restoring the balance to the light.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I just ordered a SW01 from Calvin at BrightFlashLites at AOL.com. We'll see which one I get. Then I will work on tracking down the second variation.

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I've just received my C2, along with the SW02, I think it finishes off the light very well, and an added benefit is that the raised diameter of the switch's front edge prevents the C2 pocket clip from snagging a bit better (makes it slightly harder to clip it to things though).
C20.jpg

C21.jpg

C22.jpg

C24.jpg

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
RAF_Groundcrew said:
I've just received my C2, along with the SW02, I think it finishes off the light very well, and an added benefit is that the raised diameter of the switch's front edge prevents the C2 pocket clip from snagging a bit better (makes it slightly harder to clip it to things though).
C20.jpg

C21.jpg

C22.jpg

C24.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Your light looks great but the SW02 even looks better on the M2 as the head is slightly larger. evens it out a bit more. I use one on my M3 and love it. Prevents an light AD in my cargo pocket too!!

Boltgun