Mag reflector coated in GP for study...

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone gotten the idea to take a spare Mag reflector (C/D size) and coat it with glow powder. Either dust method or epoxy...? Then put the reflector in the light where optimal focus was at. Turn on/off the light and observe where the most intense glow is. Then you can see where most of the light is being focused. Then perhaps you could use this to understand and make a reflector that would be curved/harness the most light... Green stronium should be used as it re-acts very fast to light and charge time is very short to get a glow.

Or you could just use it as a nice flood reflector then that glowed super bright!

BTW, I've used a mag reflector to focus a GID object and it casts a decent beam, and can be seen farther!

I have an old mag reflector that was sputtered and too frosty for use, so I'm thinking of doing this if I ever get time. I figured I'd post about it because someone will more than likely beat me to it if I throw this out here and perhaps we can see a picture or more info instead of years from now! :nana: